• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think I will pay half the price for good old American steel. Once they have been out longer and have a proven track record, I will still pay half the price for steel.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    There have been a lot of issues report on this shop on silencertalk.com/ Look it up before you spend any money with them.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    That's the thing, they've been around for a long time, very few reviews anywhere. I have a friend enthralled with them. Anyone have a 9mm can in the CC area we could take over to their place and compare? I have a feeling it'd be a great eye opener to the NFA community.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    CF could prove insanely expensive or impossible to fix if damaged, which is worth considering. Also, in all the research I've done in the past, I have basically heard nothing good to say about that company, which says a lot.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Better be in a safe location when you start pushing one on FA. CF is not a material with design parameters for high temperature suppressor use. They claim different but refuse to prove it and they have had suppressors come apart from mild shooting.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    CF is not a material with design parameters for high temperature suppressor use.
    Carbon fiber itself is very heat resistant. The weak link is how it's bound together. If they are making these things in an autoclave, they should be more than up to the task. If the are using more conventional epoxies... yeah, not very heat resistant.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    they have had some already auto disassemble on them.

There is a slew of issues using CF in center fire riffle suppressors. Differential growth, resin temperature resistance, poor performance in erosive/sand blasting environment, and poor impact loading characteristics under high cyclic loading.

C2builder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Texas
    I have tried this concept 5yrs ago using carbon/ceramic casings and the weakest link is the end caps at the threads because of fiber expansion. A sealed can is more positive but not serviceable nor cost effective by saving weight. I may pick up again someday were I left off using a different casing method.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom