• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I don't have that problem with my 1.5" Beltman belt and 3 1.5" loop Milt Sparks VMII's (HK P2000SK, 1911 Commander and Glock 19) but I keep the VMII's snapped and just run the belt through the loops and don't take it off till I'm getting undressed for the night.
    Lynx Defense

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Looks like I'm going to get it from Beltman afterall. The only reseller that caries the Milt Sparks Belt is Lightning Arms Sports for $120, but only in peddle finish in cordovan color.... I rather have the plain smooth finish and I refuse to pay top dollar for something I'm not 100% pleased with.
    Any idea how long it takes to get a belt from Beltman?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Found an interesting post regarding Milt Sparks and Beltman belts. Problem with Milt Sparks Holsters!!!! - Glock Talk
    Didn't know if any of you have issues like it. I'm about to call and see what the above mentioned M.S. resellers have in stock. If not it will be a Beltman belt cause I'm not waiting another 5 1/2 months for M.S. to make the belt..... I'd do it for a holster, not again just for the belt.

That's not a problem. It's what can happen with you use a holster form one manufacture and a belt form another.

He's using a Beltman and a Wilson which is made by RafterS.

Sparks makes the belt and holsters to work together as a rig. Beltman belts are slightly thicker and "might" be kind of tight. However, I've never had a problem. RafterS belts are notorious for being very thick. Some measure 3/4" thick at the front where they overlap and buckle.

That's why it's always recommended to buy the holster and belt as one rig from the same manufacture so it fots and works like a machine. It's not always a problem, actually rarely in most cases, but it comes up.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    By the way, the few extra bucks and the wait time is usually worth it. Sparks belts are one of the premium belts out there. Like Brommeland too. The part of the hide they use is usually thinner yet just as, if not more sturdy for a gun belt. And they're cut with the natural curve. They are usually few $$ more and there is a wait to get them.

Beltman belts are straight and thicker I'm guessing because they use a little less expensive part of the hide thus it's slightly thicker. The construction is incredible which is why they work so well.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    I finally have my Milt Sparks holster.... OMG I can't believe it's finally here!! It looks AWESOME!! Well worth the wait! I'll take measurements and hopefully find a Milt Sparks belt without having to wait.

Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy!!!!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I finally have my Milt Sparks holster.... OMG I can't believe it's finally here!! It looks AWESOME!! Well worth the wait! I'll take measurements and hopefully find a Milt Sparks belt without having to wait.

Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy!!!!

Keep you're eye peeled and be ready to buy it on the spot if you find one. I just came across a brand new pebble grain finished Sparks belt. It was order the wrong size and while Sparks was re-making the belt for the guy, they kept the wrong sized belt and asked him to help them try to find a buyer. He did.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    I really don't care much for the pepple grain finish, I'd rather have the plain version... but once I determine what size I need... I'll consider whatever I can get to avoid a 5-6 month wait.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Just ordered my Milt Sparks Belt at Lightning Arms Sports paid little more than what Milt Sparks sells them.... but hey didn't have to wait 6 months either. Now just to stretch out the holster some where it's not so tight.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Just ordered my Milt Sparks Belt at Lightning Arms Sports paid little more than what Milt Sparks sells them.... but hey didn't have to wait 6 months either. Now just to stretch out the holster some where it's not so tight.

Oh, does LAS carry anything other than black belts? How much more do they charge? I'm guessing $110-$120 based on their pricing over Sparks on holsters.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Oh, does LAS carry anything other than black belts? How much more do they charge? I'm guessing $110-$120 based on their pricing over Sparks on holsters.

Yes, she does have black ones too although she said she was running low in belts all together. They are the only official Milt Sparks dealer that carries belts (I called the others). I paid $120 with $13.50 USPS Priority Mail. They are very nice and friendly, she dug through all her belts to double check if they had a plain one. I'm content with the pebble, especially after I saw my holster.. OMG it's awesome and pictures does not do it justice!

I'm following the dictions on stretching the holster with my gun in plastic bag. This morning it was remarkably better.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008

Got my Milt Sparks belt in yesterday, thought I woudn't have liked the pebbled grain, but turns out it looks awesome. I'm extremely pleased with it. LAS shipped it the very same day when I ordered it and it came in 2 days, so it was well worth the extra $$$ and avoiding the wait.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Got my Milt Sparks belt in yesterday, thought I woudn't have liked the pebbled grain, but turns out it looks awesome. I'm extremely pleased with it. LAS shipped it the very same day when I ordered it and it came in 2 days, so it was well worth the extra $$$ and avoiding the wait.

I agree. It can almost be passed off a decent match for shark or bullhide. I've got a pair of bull hide boots I wanted to try to come close to matching it it does a decent job. They get the hide pebbled like that form the tanner and they don't charge Sparks any more for it, thus Sparks doesn't charge any more for it. It's a great way to casual down a black belt.

The only thing I'm not crazy about on Sparks belts is the buckle they use. The belt will loosen enough to make it easier to buckle, but it bend the belt quite a bit and sometimes can be a little bulky in front at the buckle. I may order a regular D buckle from The Beltman and replace it. Luckly most all top notch belt makers use the Chicago screws and makes it easy to switch.

I may order one in natural tan and/or another black pebble but with the diamond loop stitching.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    I agree. It can almost be passed off a decent match for shark or bullhide. I've got a pair of bull hide boots I wanted to try to come close to matching it it does a decent job. They get the hide pebbled like that form the tanner and they don't charge Sparks any more for it, thus Sparks doesn't charge any more for it. It's a great way to casual down a black belt.

The only thing I'm not crazy about on Sparks belts is the buckle they use. The belt will loosen enough to make it easier to buckle, but it bend the belt quite a bit and sometimes can be a little bulky in front at the buckle. I may order a regular D buckle from The Beltman and replace it. Luckly most all top notch belt makers use the Chicago screws and makes it easy to switch.

I may order one in natural tan and/or another black pebble but with the diamond loop stitching.

Yea, I'm not crazy about the buckle on this one either, it's the square-nickel one. While the nickel is fine, I would have rather had the rounded one. It doed have the Chicago screws so I'm going to replace it as well. Need to check out Beltman's buckles... Great Idea!!

Now just need to work on my CHL and I'll be set.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Yea, I'm not crazy about the buckle on this one either, it's the square-nickel one. While the nickel is fine, I would have rather had the rounded one. It doed have the Chicago screws so I'm going to replace it as well. Need to check out Beltman's buckles... Great Idea!!

Now just need to work on my CHL and I'll be set.

Interesting. Mine has the rounded dbl D but I just noticed on their site they show a standard rounded D as well as the square dbl D. I'm calling the one with the post that attaches to the belt the dbl D.

Round buckles are always more difficult, but having the dbl D round is more so. A standard square D is the best and flattest fit though. I never knew they had more that the one kind.

The Beltman asks what kind you want and if you talk to Jim, he'll suggest the square D every time, just based on how if lay flatter.

I learned something new.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Interesting. Mine has the rounded dbl D but I just noticed on their site they show a standard rounded D as well as the square dbl D. I'm calling the one with the post that attaches to the belt the dbl D.

Round buckles are always more difficult, but having the dbl D round is more so. A standard square D is the best and flattest fit though. I never knew they had more that the one kind.

The Beltman asks what kind you want and if you talk to Jim, he'll suggest the square D every time, just based on how if lay flatter.

I learned something new.

I think I'm calling the buckle I'm talking about by the wrong name, most likely it's the Standard D belt buckle your talking about...
    Check the link, I'm talking about the buckle on the top belt:
    Milt Sparks Gun Belts

I might just email Milt Sparks and purchase one there.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I think I'm calling the buckle I'm talking about by the wrong name, most likely it's the Standard D belt buckle your talking about...
    Check the link, I'm talking about the buckle on the top belt:
    Milt Sparks Gun Belts

I might just email Milt Sparks and purchase one there.

Yep, that's what I'm calling a standard D buckle, that one being round(ish). Not sure it's the right terminology though.

The Beltman's round I think it more rounded and square, more square. That one is kind of in the middle. But better than mine, which is like bottom or middle but mine is rounded.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I just became a fan of square buckles with rollers. I'm not sure of the brand (Comp Tac maybe?), but after recently trying one on at a gun shop, I'll soon be replacing the buckle on my Beltman belt with one with rollers. It made buckling it much, much easier.

nightfighter4d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Lampasas
    Shit can the nylon stuff except for the range. The nylon belt is soooo mall ninja.

With that said I really have no complaints about the 5.11 leather belt that I got. It goes well with jeans, khakis/chinos and slacks. I have also had great success wearing a "ranger" style western belt and carrying while in Wranglers and jeans.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Shit can the nylon stuff except for the range. The nylon belt is soooo mall ninja.

With that said I really have no complaints about the 5.11 leather belt that I got. It goes well with jeans, khakis/chinos and slacks. I have also had great success wearing a "ranger" style western belt and carrying while in Wranglers and jeans.

Nylon, good nylon belts such as Wilderness Tactical have their uses. I don't wear one as a fashion statement, I wear one because it works great in the summer when it'll be covered anyway.

If you ever have the chance to wear a true gun belt, you'll see what all the fuss is about. And they'll do it for years and years. Of course, depending on how heavy your carry is, it may not be as much of a difference.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom