• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That does bring up something that has been bothering me.

All three of the local gun shops have up 30 06 signs telling me that I can not bring my gun in.

That really makes me feel like just maybe I should not buy one of their guns to take out of their shop either.

It is their shops, and they can set the rules as they like, but I am the Customer, and I don't have to hand them over one thin dime if I choose not to.

Just like the local gun shows, why should I be the one to walk in and out with cash or valuables, unarmed.

I expect that they are armed when they do the same.

Now that is bizarre!!
    Target Sports

deadeye1964

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    GRAPEVINE
    The statute (TPC Section 46.02) simply uses the term "motor vehicle". I've had this discussion with several officers who believe this does not apply to motorcycles. How's that for clarity?

If those officer's do not understand the statute, they need to be doing something else for a living. You can call the DPS and get the answer, it is very clear, no gray area. A motorcycle is a motor vehicle. With that said, I would not carry on a motorcycle without a CHL because I would not leave my gun unattended and you cannot take it with you without a CHL.

Firemanandxmarine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    DFW
    I have a moped. http://charlie-son.com/CSJCL250A.aspx It has places under the seat as well ass a glove box.http://www.getthemax.com/JCL-MP250A-angel-Tail.jpg I put it in the glove box and soemtimes i put it under a seat in a case. I just belive that i couild not get it out in time. I am goign to install walmart holders in the glove box with places for mags. only thingi hate is when i get it out and put it in abag or on my person people can see me. The do have saddle bags! i also put it in my back pack somtimes. I go to college most the time so i park it with the motorcyles. It always has people waling by. If i was to go into a walmart i park it by the door.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    That does bring up something that has been bothering me.

All three of the local gun shops have up 30 06 signs telling me that I can not bring my gun in.

That really makes me feel like just maybe I should not buy one of their guns to take out of their shop either.

It is their shops, and they can set the rules as they like, but I am the Customer, and I don't have to hand them over one thin dime if I choose not to.

Just like the local gun shows, why should I be the one to walk in and out with cash or valuables, unarmed.

I expect that they are armed when they do the same.

A lot of gun shops or indoor ranges need your weapon to be completely unloaded to comply with insurance regulations.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A lot of gun shops or indoor ranges need your weapon to be completely unloaded to comply with insurance regulations.

That's OK if you are bringing the weapon in for service or repair, and usually that's indicated by a sign outside the door; but there is no reason that a gun shop should not allow conceal carry within it as long as you do not remove the pistol from its holster!

However, much like gun shows, if you plan to handle the weapon at all while inside, you should clear it (and double-check to make sure it is cleared) before entering!

Cheers! M2

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I carry mine in a tank bag - storage options are pretty limited on a sportbike. Having a CHL, I could carry it on me on or off the bike, but I've not found a way to carry on my person that I'd be comfortable with if I were to hit the ground. Not necessarily worried about an AD if I wreck, but if it's situated the wrong way when I hit then it could be a world of hurt.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I carry mine in a tank bag - storage options are pretty limited on a sportbike. Having a CHL, I could carry it on me on or off the bike, but I've not found a way to carry on my person that I'd be comfortable with if I were to hit the ground. Not necessarily worried about an AD if I wreck, but if it's situated the wrong way when I hit then it could be a world of hurt.

If you hit the ground coming off a sport bike :) it's gonna hurt no matter were the gun is concealed. I ride a GSX-R 1000 everyday and carry IWB w/ my EMP. yeah - it would really suck to go down and scratch that gun :)

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    If you hit the ground coming off a sport bike :) it's gonna hurt no matter were the gun is concealed. I ride a GSX-R 1000 everyday and carry IWB w/ my EMP. yeah - it would really suck to go down and scratch that gun :)
    Yup. I carry OWB and it hurts when you get off the bike. I speak from experience.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    The shop/range I go to does not have the 30.06 signs, but it does have signs that say that guns must be holstered or cased when brought in. The folks inside get kind of testy if this is not done. They do have cases to loan out. Holstered guns can be carried or worn; they do not have to be unloaded if holstered and worn.

flashguy

Top Bottom