• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Ok, went to buy a xD .45 for my carry weapon...found another gun which fit much better. Did not buy because I have not shot it. (Gonna buy the XD .45 regular body instead of compact for a range weapon.

Kahr CW-45 looked and felt like a great weapon and seems more practical than carrying a larger, heavier Xd.

I plan to purchase tomorrow - $498. Anybody have personal experience with this weapon?

Thanks,
    Lynx Defense

jt526

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Richardson
    I've shot the CW-40 a fair amount, the CW-9 a bit, and own a PM9 as a carry piece. All were very nice, with good build quality. I was especially impressed with the CW series for the price. The .40 was pretty snappy though. I'm not sure how the .45 would feel.

A pretty nice back and forth about issues with the CW-45, but I'd take it with a grain of salt, you know how the internet is.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/01/23/kahr-cw45-review/

I'd also look into the Agrip from Brooks tactical. I've got one on order, the grips on the CW and PM get pretty slick on me. A review:

Brooks Tactical Agrip - Glock Talk

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Think I'm going to go back to basics and pick up what I wanted in the first place - a xD .45 AND a PF-9. I've never had anyone talk openly about a Kahr as their primary piece yet the PF-9 pops up in many convos- plus I have fired it. The xD is a dream gun of mine...so what if the caliber is diff than the PF-9. Wanted both .45s but hell...it's time to spend money. Will send a range report next week.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I've shot the CW-40 a fair amount, the CW-9 a bit, and own a PM9 as a carry piece. All were very nice, with good build quality. I was especially impressed with the CW series for the price. The .40 was pretty snappy though. I'm not sure how the .45 would feel.

A pretty nice back and forth about issues with the CW-45, but I'd take it with a grain of salt, you know how the internet is.
    Kahr CW45 review | The Firearm Blog

I'd also look into the Agrip from Brooks tactical. I've got one on order, the grips on the CW and PM get pretty slick on me. A review:

Brooks Tactical Agrip - Glock Talk

Thanks for the email!! I read all the posts and even posted one myself. I agree that most people only post comments pointing out issues they had with their guns rather than what they enjoyed. Hell, those who enjoyed shooting them are probably out there SHOOTING them while those who were pissed off sat at their laptops typing disgruntled emails to these sites ) In the end, ya don't know until ya try!

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    the xd compact is the perfect size and quality you wont regret it

Went to Guns Galore and they wanted $579for a black/black .45compact. HELL, I went online and found many of them for $505-$525. Problem is that I want the tan one and they are backordered wherever I look. Tried Webers guns in Temple and they didn't have a Xd .45compact. The full size costs $579. Again, tired of the mark-up here in Killeen simply becasue they gun dealers know they have a captive audience of 45,000 Soldiers with money in our pockets. Any idea where to get one in Austin area??? Hate to mail order since I end up paying the same with FFL charges, etc.

Thanks for advice!

Top Bottom