• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i have not, and will never sell you a gun with a bill of sale. its not required, its a waste of time, you kill more trees for a useless paper. if i buy a gun from you and you want a bill of sale, it better be a great deal otherwise you can pound sand.
    Capitol Armory ad

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Hello,
    I was talking to my coworkers today about this and they swore up and down this was illegal. They said it was ok to transport the gun from the range and back home but it's against the law to have it loaded and hidden 24/7.

-Mike

It's amazing how ignorant some are to firearm laws. But I suppose if you don't own a firearm you wouldn't care to know either. Oh well. :banghead:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    i have not, and will never sell you a gun with a bill of sale. its not required, its a waste of time, you kill more trees for a useless paper. if i buy a gun from you and you want a bill of sale, it better be a great deal otherwise you can pound sand.

Spoken like a true terrorist/gang member/unsavory character :eek:

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX

i follow the laws as they are set. i have no criminal record and im a service member and former dod contractor. so no, spoken like someone that doesnt care to make up my own laws and start a defacto gun registration.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

Or like a Free Man.

This has been discussed here many, many times before. Bottom line is that it's your preference. Most people don't because we find it ridiculous.

If I was your neighbor and bought your old lawn mower would you require a bill of sale? Same thing.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Wouldn't you have to through a Class III dealer if the lawn mower was equipped with a suppressor....er, I mean muffler?

Not if you're a "terrorist/gang member/unsavory character"

Actually, comparing the two, it seems ridiculous that a suppressor requires paperwork and a tax stamp.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    You're right, dude, using the "eek" smiley and calling you an unsavory character clearly called for an overly serious response (?) ;)

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I get very tired with these threads the morph into, "I won't buy if the seller requires a BOS, or I won't sell unless the buyer accepts a BOS."

Yeah I know, I don't need to read these threads and can click out so please don't come back with that.

The fact of the matter is a BOS is really no big friggin deal. I sold a few larger items in a garage sale a number of years back, and I made out BOS. I felt it was a good will gesture to make the deal perfectly understandable by both parties. IE, sold as is, no warranty implied, etc.

I don't understand why some are so hell bent on not having a BOS. And, yes I know it's not required. So if you came to my garage sale, and wanted to buy a lawnmower I had up for sale, would you bulk at a BOS that protects both parties?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    IIWY, I would tell co-workers they are right and you no longer carry a gun in your car.

Never again discuss guns with co-workers. Ever.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I don't understand why some are so hell bent on not having a BOS. And, yes I know it's not required. So if you came to my garage sale, and wanted to buy a lawnmower I had up for sale, would you bulk at a BOS that protects both parties?

It provides no protection.

And there is no way I am giving any personal info to a seller. So if you want to do a Home Depot type BOS, where we write down YOUR info, YOUR phone, YOUR address, YOUR name, and item description, cost, date, fine. But no way does any of my info go on it, just like my info does not go on a Home Depot Receipt.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I get very tired with these threads the morph into, "I won't buy if the seller requires a BOS, or I won't sell unless the buyer accepts a BOS."

Yeah I know, I don't need to read these threads and can click out so please don't come back with that.

The fact of the matter is a BOS is really no big friggin deal. I sold a few larger items in a garage sale a number of years back, and I made out BOS. I felt it was a good will gesture to make the deal perfectly understandable by both parties. IE, sold as is, no warranty implied, etc.

cant tell if serious?

its a GARAGE SALE. if you come to a garage sale looking for extended warranty and whatever other service you get at a store front, youre a moron. i have never heard of anyone coming back the next week claiming something they got at a huge discounted price was broken and they wanted their money back. why? because it was such a discounted price, they could afford to fix the thing and not lose money on it.

i will be recording usernames of all people who like to make bill of sales. if you want to buy something of mine, i will require those on my bill of sale lover list to show me three current pay stubs, birth certificate, social security card, tx drivers license, three current proof of residency bills, voters registration, selective service card, library card, proof of automotive insurance and three current bank statements.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    If someone does not want a bill of sale on normal items(not garage sale) they probably have a idea that they may at some point do something out of the ordinary or illegal with that item. Just my opinion. Why do you think BOS was originated in the united states in the first place?

Top Bottom