• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    We had to make a trip to my mother in law’s house in KY for a memorial service. We had to bring back a piece of furniture, so we took my truck, a 99 F250 with a V10. As usual, it made the trip without a hitch, We got to the hotel in a big snow storm and parked out front 20 feet from the front door. I got up in the morning, turned the key and was shocked. It ran fine but sounded like straight pipes. Sure enough, someone cut the converter out. It doesn’t have any sensors at the cat or downstream, so a local shop put in a pipe straight to the muffler. The surprise - it sounds like stock and got about 20 percent better mileage (it’s just over 1000 miles). 6 more tanks of fuel and the repair will be paid for and then I’ll be saving money.
    Target Sports

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    We had to make a trip to my mother in law’s house in KY for a memorial service. We had to bring back a piece of furniture, so we took my truck, a 99 F250 with a V10. As usual, it made the trip without a hitch, We got to the hotel in a big snow storm and parked out front 20 feet from the front door. I got up in the morning, turned the key and was shocked. It ran fine but sounded like straight pipes. Sure enough, someone cut the converter out. It doesn’t have any sensors at the cat or downstream, so a local shop put in a pipe straight to the muffler. The surprise - it sounds like stock and got about 20 percent better mileage (it’s just over 1000 miles). 6 more tanks of fuel and the repair will be paid for and then I’ll be saving money.
    Hey 929,

Sux about getting ripped....

Clogged cats are gas hogs...burn way more gas...

Hope you live in a place that does not require them for inspections or such...

Later, Mark

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I might be wrong on this, but I think newer cars don’t use platinum like the older ones do. Can any mechanics out there verify this? In 2010 or so, the cat on my 2001 accord went bad. Replacement from Summit Racing was something like $90 or around that and it was some sort of ceramic. Sold the old one online for $130, and they even sent me a shipping label.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    The surprise - it sounds like stock and got about 20 percent better mileage (it’s just over 1000 miles). 6 more tanks of fuel and the repair will be paid for and then I’ll be saving money.
    I wonder if it will pass inspection. Since it has(?) OBD II, they may not even look underneath.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Where are the thieves selling them? All the recycling places require you to show proof of the vehicle ownership now.

To people that need to replace one but can’t afford full retail price.

Few years back they hit all the Honda Elements in the parking pot at work…lots of ground clearance so it was easy. My coworker had his entire exhaust system replaced by insurance 3 times due to that.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They "deserve" the karma of a slow death under a car that falls on them.

I catch them actually stealing mine I will ensure I stomp them into sterility. Then get them medical attention. More than they deserve.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    What about those of us who have sensors - Is there any way for us to chuck the CC?

Maybe someone sells "special sensors" that trick the ECU?

Or maybe its as simple as connecting a resistor where the sensor would connect?

Top Bottom