Gun Zone Deals

Catamount Fury is it a Saiga 12 Knock off? Opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Been looking at these. NRA Mobile and they look pretty damn close to a Saiga. I sold my S12 off months ago during the craziness and somewhat regret it just because it was fun to shoot. So I found these recently and they are in stock at CenterfireSystems. $699 Seems steep for a knock off of something else that use to be a sub $400 gun. I know that those days are gone. Anyone here know anything about them? I've done a bit of searching but haven't found much. Do they except Saiga Mags? Where are they imported from? I would really like to here from someone who has at least held one.
    ARJ Defense ad

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    This is the Fury II. It has a magwell so obviously it would not take Saiga mags. Maybe possible to Modify them. The Fury 1 looks to have a rocker mag like an Ak.
    cia_catamount_m_zps00f83be3.jpg

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    That brings up another question about doing conversions on them. How similar are they? I read they are made off Vepr Receivers? Not sure if that is accurate.

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    Well unless the materials it's made from are just utterly inferior I see a bright future for these.. though I doubt they'll be popular enough to drive down the cost of the saigas or veprs much.

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    Well unless the materials it's made from are just utterly inferior I see a bright future for these.. though I doubt they'll be popular enough to drive down the cost of the saigas or veprs much.

I know now this a really old post but I saw this and well it did kind of help drive the Vepr price down seeing as how the Vepr are only $799 now.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Today I ran 65 rounds of 00 buck shot, and 75 rounds of federal value pack bird shot with zero failures through my catamount fury II. This thing is good to go. I am completely happy with it at a fraction of the cost of the vepr. It's a blast to shoot. It was pretty easy on the shoulder as well. I am glad I got this, and will be buying 10 round magazines. There were a couple occasions when shooting the bird shot that the bolt did not hold open, but it cycled every round. You do have to make sure you have it on the proper setting when shooting the bird shot.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I just ordered 2 ten round mags from J&G sales. The 5 round mags are well built. I'm impressed with the durability of the mags. That's a steal. I'd buy some of I didn't just buy the 10s.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Today I ran 65 rounds of 00 buck shot, and 75 rounds of federal value pack bird shot with zero failures through my catamount fury II. This thing is good to go. I am completely happy with it at a fraction of the cost of the vepr. It's a blast to shoot. It was pretty easy on the shoulder as well. I am glad I got this, and will be buying 10 round magazines. There were a couple occasions when shooting the bird shot that the bolt did not hold open, but it cycled every round. You do have to make sure you have it on the proper setting when shooting the bird shot.
    Good to know. I know I posted this a couple years ago, but am still interested in one.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Saiga mags will fit it, you have to do a little bit of filing on the magazine catch, but they work just fine once modified.

No real need unless you are wanting to use the drum. The catamount magazines are surprisingly well made. I leave the 5 rounders loaded and then shoot them. They don't bulge or anything. They're good magazines. The tens should be the same .

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Good to know. I know I posted this a couple years ago, but am still interested in one.

I love mine. Got it during the laborday sale at Palmetto for dirt cheap. It's a joy to shoot. The stock is sweet imo. I have no desire to convert it. An AK sling, flashlight and a few magazines=awesome sauce.

Top Bottom