Join TexasGunTalk

CBD Oil - Guadalupe Co arrest

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by SA_Steve, Aug 13, 2019.

1. perfor8

perfor8 Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Kemah
    Yeah, I'm aware of it's IBM origins and use as a sales tool. I mean it as a literal application of the phrase, Fear - Uncertainty - Doubt. I was trying to be polite and avoid offense. There are harsher appropriate terms available.

Too many people live their lives in fear of freedoms they have or, conversely, in fear of the government (the arbiter of freedoms they don't have). Philosophically, the first gives rise to the second. Too many people put their faith in fedguv, and not God. Too many, having been raised in the nanny state, look first to the fedguv for permission. It requires a special kind of love for the nanny fedguv to subject oneself to laws and/or speculate about consequences that don't exist. You see this associated mostly with the concepts of law (government), and religion. Unnecessary rules/regulations/laws/requirements that not even the fedguv or God saw fit to require are cherished, by those doling them out, as a source of power over weak men.

Use the mind God gave you to make the decisions about what is right for you and your family. God put CBD (and, incidentally, every substance on drug schedules 1-5) on the planet for men to use judiciously. I don't need the fedguv to tell me what/when/where/how/how much or how often. Those impediments put in place by fedguv I'll attempt to shrug off. Those put in place by God I will abide, to my ability. I sure don't intend to seek out and add impediments that haven't already been imposed. And I'll call it FUD, or something less polite, when I see it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Ranger550 and BuzzinSATX like this.
  2. perfor8

perfor8 Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Kemah
    The series "Halt and Catch Fire" is an interesting look at the early days of personal computers, with some examples of FUD.

3. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Hoji,

You were a roadie/engineer?

4. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    nunya

That’s some really good info, thanks for sharing!

5. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well. Glad you have the unlimited f
    Yes. I was rigger for a few years.

6. oohrah

oohrah Active Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    CBD is only approved by the FDA for some rare childhood maladies. It has never been clinically tested for pain, indigestion, and whatever else the claims are.

It is also still a Federal Schedule 1 prohibited substance.

I own firearms, have an LTC, a pilot license, and an FAA medical. All are at risk if I touch the stuff. I'll pass.

SA_Steve likes this.
  7. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    The reason I refuse pain management. Everyone gets aches and pain when their old, I’ll stick with Advil.

8. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Showco?

9. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have worked for them as a local.

10. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Small world

A lot of crew and guitar techs I knew were frustrated musicians. Myself included.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Southpaw likes this.