• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Tmobile's unlimited data is slowed down after 250 gigs is used, I believe. I hit that cap once when I was playing COD with my PS3 tethered to my phone

I had the same issues with the HD2. Put every ROM I could find on XDA with terrible performance. Best I found was with vanilla 2.2. now have a MT4G running 2.3.3 and love it. Get rid of the HD2 if you can.

Planning on getting a sensation once I get some shit taken care of. Can't wait for that true 4g badassery.
    ARJ Defense ad

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Yep, I know, as everyone has a different definition, but whatever it is, it's faster than what I currently have. Some people say HSPA is 4g, and my HD2 has HSPA, but my friend who rooted the phone for me and is an Android rep for Tmobile says that what I have is different from normal 4g or something like that... It confuses me so don't quote me on this.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Yep, I know, as everyone has a different definition, but whatever it is, it's faster than what I currently have. Some people say HSPA is 4g, and my HD2 has HSPA, but my friend who rooted the phone for me and is an Android rep for Tmobile says that what I have is different from normal 4g or something like that... It confuses me so don't quote me on this.
    Here it is, put pretty simple:
    In telecommunications, 4G is the fourth generation of cellular wireless standards. It is a successor to the 3G and 2G families of standards. In 2009, the ITU-R organization specified the IMT-Advanced (International Mobile Telecommunications Advanced) requirements for 4G standards, setting peak speed requirements for 4G service at 100 Mbit/s for high mobility communication (such as from trains and cars) and 1 Gbit/s for low mobility communication (such as pedestrians and stationary users).
    A 4G system is expected to provide a comprehensive and secure all-IP based mobile broadband solution to laptop computer wireless modems, smartphones, and other mobile devices. Facilities such as ultra-broadband Internet access, IP telephony, gaming services, and streamed multimedia may be provided to users.
    Here's where the cellular companies are shoveling the BS:
    Pre-4G technologies such as mobile WiMAX and first-release Long term evolution (LTE) have been on the market since 2006[2] and 2009[3][4][5] respectively, and are often branded as 4G in marketing materials. The current versions of these technologies provide peak bitrates of 40 Mbit/s and 100 Mbit/s respectively, and do consequently not fulfill the original ITU-R requirements of data rates approximately up to 1 Gbit/s for 4G systems.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom