• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    When my computer comes up, Yahoo is my home page. In the morning, I read about the events of the previous evening and catch up on news. Lately, there have been many articles favoring Gun Control and Liberal agendas and I always post a contrasting viewpoint when I see one of those. My posts have no profanity or rude comments but they disagree with the Yahoo articles.

Yahoo began to block my comments. I post them and they disappear immediately. Just to be sure it wasn't my imagination, I went in and changed my user name and was able to resume posting. Now, they block my new user name! The posts were right on the money as I scored 167 "thumbs up" on one of my pro-gun posts. Other posts did very well in reader feedback, too.

Yahoo is intentionally distorting their coverage of recent events, spewing Liberal/anti gun and anti gun owner agendas then blocking any diverging opinions.

My purposes for this thread are:

To tell our TGT members about what Yahoo is doing in their biased reporting/propaganda.

To ask if any other TGT members have experienced the same treatment.

I'm going to ditch Yahoo but need to find a new homepage where I can get the news with reasonable clarity and at least balanced reporting. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Flash
    infowars.com
    Venture Surplus ad

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    People always poke a the communist countries for their censorship of the media, but at least with that you know where they stand. With the US media they present themselves as being neutral and balance but they're clearly not and too many people will take what they say on the media as facts without questioning these "facts" and without really checking into the data.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have racked the media without end for biased and self serving "news" that they vomit daily. Honestly, I've never seen information so blatantly manipulated before. Red China would be proud of Yahoo! Is this still the USA?

I guess it boils down to this......... Anti gun positions are so emotional and devoid of facts that they must strangle the opposition to make their pitch work. Anti gun sentiments are totally contrary to fact. Gun control goes up and crime goes up. That's how it works and the UK is one of the most violent nations on the planet per capita. That's severe gun regulations at work....right there.

Flash

Top Bottom