• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • supersampson12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    forney
    Well i got a Century ak74 for christmas, it will barely hit paper at 50 yds. Bullets are hitting high, low, everywhere but center. Very dissapointing. Found out that century had put 5.56mm barrels in some of their tantals, so I grab a 5.45 round and try to stick it in the muzzle end of the barrel. It slid right in, so im guessing i have the wrong barrel or a bad barrel? I call up century and after about 30 mins of transfering and calling different numbers they tell me to ship it back and they wont pay shipping. They say they lost too much money on guys shipping back guns because of cosmetic issues. This sucks.... I have a legit problem and have to pay $23 buck shipping on a rifle ive had for a month. Anyone have similar problems?
    Texas SOT

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    taking the loss is your best bet, either have a non functioning gun or pay a gunsmith to change the barrel which would cost more than 23 dollars complain enough about it before you ship it, maybe they will throw in extra mags or something. or take it back to where you bought it.

supersampson12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    forney
    I shipped it already, gunna wait and see what they say the problem was and then ask for some free stuff, maybe some mags or bayonet. Its just irritating to have someone say we used to pay for shipping but stopped doing that right after you bought your gun that we didnt build right. $23 isnt alot of money im just pissed i have a lemon.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I had to ship a Yugo underfold back to Century because of canted sights, they straightened them out and sent it back. It took about three weeks if I recall correctly.

By the way, your AK-74 is 5.45x39, not 5.56x45! Here they are next to each other...

ak-ammo.jpg

L-R: 308, 5.56, 5.45x39 and 7.62x39

By the way, if it's any consolation Century pays the return shipping!

Cheers! M2

supersampson12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    forney
    i never said it was 5.56, i said that i had read that century put 5.56 barrels in some tantals by mistake. If century had put the wrong barrel in mine then it would explain all my problems. Should know in a couple weeks or so. I will keep yall posted when i hear back from century.

supersampson12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    forney
    Just got off the phone with century, they are sending me a new rifle and they test fired it to make sure its accurate. Should have it by the end of the day. Maybe i can make it to the range tomorrow.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I am interested in hearing your outcome as well. I have one of these purchase through my ffl back in KC which I won't be able to shoot for some time until i get my TX license worked out and get it shipped down here..

akarfal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Johnson county
    The only real way to square away CIA, is just stop buying anything the CIA sells. Before the 2005 barrel band, a person could get a half assed deal. Now, it's a total crap-shoot. If one has to have a Kalashnikov, do the home work. Go on AK forums, like WWW.theakforum.net and discuss your need.

Save your money and look for Chinese Pre-Bands ( $800 to $1000 ) for a good one. I see them at DFW gun shows all the time. MAK-90's are an outstanding post-band that can be found for around $600.00 or less. These can also be converted pretty cheap and easy. No barrel threads: (5 USA parts) Tapco G2 DBL hook $28.00, Gas Piston $15.00, Pistol Grip $10.00, Refinished Laminated stock set $40.00. If barrel is threaded (6 USA parts) add $10.00 for USA muzzle nut.

supersampson12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    forney
    ok got the gun back in a poorly packaged box, it does not have the side scope rail installed, and the reciever is a armory from houston tx. The one i sent in was a nds 2 reciever with the scope rail. WTF??? ill go shoot it tomorrow.

broberts001

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Lake Jackson
    Wow, that's disappointing but not completely unexpected. I hope the best for you. Just an FYI: I have a Century Tantal and once I fixed the FSB, it is become my favorite rifle of my AK's. So, don't loose hope yet.

-Bryan

supersampson12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    forney
    Didnt have time to shoot it, called century and they are gunna have it picked up and ship me a new rifle with a scope rail. Ive never had this much trouble with anything before. Makes me not want a 74 anymore. When I get the new one i might just try and get rid of it a buy a .308. Anyone want to buy it?

Top Bottom