• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    He guys I'm about ready to get my 6.5CM AR finished. I want to cerakote it but need a good place to take it. I'd rather it be close to home so I can drive it there instead of shipping. What places to check out and what to avoid near Houston? Thanks
    Capitol Armory ad

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Crappy workmanship. I had them do a G19 slide, and instead of coating just the outside of the slide, they sprayed the inside also...and got it so damn thick that i couldn't even reassemble the pistol. Also had to ream Cerakote out of the firing pin channel opening.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Damn that is bad.
    I'm looking at Cerakoters in SW Houston. They look to have a great workmanship but it's a tad expensive. I'm looking for good alternatives.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Gunsmiths at Saddle River Range do cerakote finishing. They've done a couple of small jobs for me, and their work and prices were both good. Pretty sure you can check them out on-line, or give 'em a call. They're located on 1488, just north of The Woodlands.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    TX Arsenal did the cerakote on my M&P slide. My only complaint - and its not their workmanship, but a complaint I've had about other cerakote jobs too - is that if you do a lot of practice with drawing and reholstering, you'll wear the finish off fairly quick.

TH4DDEUS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    California
    Crappy workmanship. I had them do a G19 slide, and instead of coating just the outside of the slide, they sprayed the inside also...and got it so damn thick that i couldn't even reassemble the pistol. Also had to ream Cerakote out of the firing pin channel opening.
    I had them do a small car radiator for me with Graphene for good heat rejection and it turned out fantastic, so I was going to send my 870 receiver to them but now that you mention that is suspect. I would definitely not want them to do that to the internals because there is almost zero chance I am taking it off without damage to the receiver.

Spence1875

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Houston
    The key with any off these services is not the actual spray and bake coating as they are all pretty good these days, but the prep work before the finishing. That is sadly where most shops fail.

I send all my stuff to Birdsong, Black or Green T. Their prep work is incredible. On rem 700s they disassemble the triggers and coat them, incredible detail work.

Worth a little more to me. Pay once and cry once is my motto.

Top Bottom