• Status
    Not open for further replies.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I doubt we all disagree as much as it appears to be coming across here.

I think unregulated OC would result in even more "gun free" zones. Like it or not, the average idiot is not a gun advocate. I hate regulation as much as anybody but having a permit process is a great way to "sell" this to the public.
    Venture Surplus ad

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Count the RED states..... Those are the ones that limit Open Carry. We are one of seven states that don't allow open carry in some capacity. How many examples in any of the other states.. any can you site where it has become the issue you Imagen it to be?
    OC-OpenCarry.svg
    300px-OC-OpenCarry.svg.png

OC-OpenCarry.svg

Kinda sad aint it? Texas acting like New York and Illinoise. No wonder we cant keep the libtards out of the state!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Thats all fine and dandy, and givin the option, you should conceal carry if thats what you prefer. Other might want to open carry. Once again, I will relate back to the " Shall not be infringed" part of Everyones rights. One man opinion should not regulate the rights of others.
    And what the hell is wrong with Cowboy ways? Last I checked , my big ass still lived in Texas.

I suggest you work with your local gun lobbyist and see to it then! I never said that MY OPINION should be the winner. I just have one.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I suggest you work with your local gun lobbyist and see to it then! I never said that MY OPINION should be the winner. I just have one.
    I dont have a problem with anyones opinion. Im just telling you mine, and I actually have some pretty good experiance from both.
    Me, I actually dont like concealed carry, but I cant bring myself to say people shouldnt do it. That their decission. I wont tell em what to do. just like I dont want people make decissions for me either.
    Besides, you dont need a gun, your avitar will scare anyone to death!!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks Redneck.

You boys don't think I MIGHT be taking a little harder line that I really believe in to work you up eh?

HEHEHEHEH..... The clown likes a good argument.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Many of the open carry states require a permit process similar to Texas CHL. I tend to agree with that.
    Seven states, including TX, and the District of Columbia fully prohibit the open carry of firearms. <-Overly restrictive by your def.
    14 require a license to carry openly. <- Civilized by your def.
    Lets count CA as more civilized.
    A majority of the states, 28, are less civilized according to your standards, most of those for many years, yet we don't hear of issues in those states. The fear of an uncivilized uprising due to OC is irrational and unproven. Even the perception of gun owners in a negative light is unproven.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    HAHAHA!~

I am not trolling. You really are hell bent on your opinion being the only one here huh?

My opinion may not be as extreme as all of that, but I really do like the idea of CC over OC in most situations. Like I say. We all have opinions. I would like to see a level playing field. Something similar from all states would be nice... and YES I would likely include OC for those who qualify (depending on that state's requirements). I still support the idea of individual states making their own law.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]What is a troll?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The traditional definition of a troll refers to a member of a community or usenet group who makes posts [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]deliberately[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] designed to attract responses of outrage or indignation. It is the troll's intent to "hook" unsuspecting members into responding, (hence the term "trolling"), thus providing him/her self with the satisfaction of knowing they have impact on others.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Sheesh. Everybody wants to be the internet FBI. I might have made my opinion a bit extreme here, but it's still my opinion of what I believe is the right way to go.

Hardly trolling.

Nice try.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I'm all for Concealed Carry but not for unlimited Open Carry.

OC opens up a whole 'nother can of worms if you ask me. OC requires 100% attention all the time unless you want to be vulnerable to somebody getting in position and acquiring your firearm by surprise. CC solves this issue 90% of the time simply by being concealed. Add to that the uneasiness around guns of the average "citizen" and I can see where it would become an issue resulting in ever more "gun free" zones.

I see LEOs all the time at eateries with their sidearm holstered, unsnapped, and easily accessible. It appears that they are just too comfy with the respect for the badge. Not a good situation if the bad guy gets the jump and a horrible situation if he gets the jump on John Q Public while he's pumping gas...

I'll don my flameproof suit now.

In 1996, I lived in Abbeville Lousiana when I worked offshore. There was a little 24 hour cafe at the edge of town I ate at when I go home late.
    One friday night I stopped in at about 1am for something to eat. Some drunk punks came in the place acting a fool. The old lady working there told them to leave and one of the punks got really profound with the old lady. So I got up a grabbed em and threw his ass out in the parking lot. The old lady was about to die laughing. They punks didnt leave the parking lot and started banging on the windows, acting like drunkin trash. As I started to go outside to kick their ass's, the old lady asked me not to. It seemed she had problems with them before and wanted to call the cops. I sat down and latter the cops showed up. The other punks were acting ok toward the cop, but the punk that got profound with the old lady was being a real ass. The cop decided to arrest him. As he attempted to cuff him he started resisting. His friends were all crowed around and as I watched the mess, I noticed the punk reaching for the cops firearm while he struggled with him. Ok, so here I go. I went out there and grabbed the punk and threw his ass head first in the back of the patroll car. His buddy started running his mouth so I knock his ass out!! The cop was kinda beside himself and I told him how I saw the idiot reaching for his weapon while he was resisting. I felt like something bad was about to happen and I told the cop I couldnt just sit there and watch. He asked me to go back inside a wait. As I finished my burger, his CO showed up. He took a report from me and the result was the foul mouth punk and his knocked out buddy both got to go to jail, and I got a free burger. Too my surprise the laws thanked me!!

So you see, this is a good example of what could happen with open carry. I dont think the gun caused the issue because it was some punks who created it.
    Some people may not feel comfortable open carrying, and im fine with them choosing to conseal carry. As for me, I dont carry nothin! Cept for the ruck toyies, but if givin the choice I would rather open carry. When ever I hunt, go shooting, or ride fence at the ranch, I open carry because it better suits me. Concealing such as having a gun in my pocket during my activities just doesnt feel right.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's not trolling, it's creating discussion.

If everyone agreed to everyone and everything on this forum then there would be no reason for it to exist.

I think you guys are reading far, far too much into someone else's opinion. People are going to disagree, you will not be able to convince them of their "obviously misguided" ways, that doesn't make them a troll.

I've argued another point of opinion just to get people to explain their reasoning and justification for what they believe in. It's not trolling, it's called communication. Trolling is when you go onto a PETA website and start a thread on steaks and how they are so good tasting.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    As a Moderator you can lock this thread and move on I guess.

NO.

What I will do is offer a gentleman's handshake and an agreement to disagree. I believe a troll is simply somebody who jumps in with a dissenting opinion (that probably isn't even his) and tries to rile up the troops. All I wanted was to see you guys speak up with your opinions and your reasons for them. We might not agree here but we are all on the same side.

Fair enough?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Thanks Redneck.

You boys don't think I MIGHT be taking a little harder line that I really believe in to work you up eh?
    HEHEHEHEH..... The clown likes a good argument.

Im not someone who needs to be worked up. Besides , I would rather see people post their honest opinion because I did convince some political figures I've been dealing with to refer to this site. I have a follow up for them and really want them to get the opinion from real discussions.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Quit being a wuussss.

This ain't ARFCOM where you are going to get banned for contradicting people and having a differing opinion!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    It's not trolling, it's creating discussion.

If everyone agreed to everyone and everything on this forum then there would be no reason for it to exist.

I think you guys are reading far, far too much into someone else's opinion. People are going to disagree, you will not be able to convince them of their "obviously misguided" ways, that doesn't make them a troll.

I don't care about users not agreeing with my opinion. It's folks who take otherwise good threads on wild goose chases for their own entertainment....... anyway I'll cool down I guess. I'm not saying ban him either.. just calling what I think is a troll a troll.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Im not someone who needs to be worked up. Besides , I would rather see people post their honest opinion because I did convince some political figures I've been dealing with to refer to this site. I have a follow up for them and really want them to get the opinion from real discussions.

Well. I didn't lie to anybody regarding my opinion. I just stood by it longer than some here liked. If that makes me a troll... so be it! I'll gladly be called whatever you guys like if I get to stand by what I believe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom