Change of quality on new black rifles?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by kingofwylietx, Dec 18, 2008.

1. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I was thinking about how everyone has bought up all the 'assault' or 'utility' style rifles. Now, the manufacturers are far behind schedule and have long lead times. The more they can make, the more they can sell.

Has anyone pondered whether this will effect the quality of the rifles now being made to meet demand? Are the parts manufacturers rushing their people and processes to get stuff out the door? Are they farming out small parts work to companies they have never had to deal with in the past? Are the workers picking up extra shifts for more income and working harder while tired or fatigued? Will the tolerances be allowed to widen in QC, now that they are in a hurry.

I'm basically wondering if they will take a little less time with each rifle to get a few more out the door.

What do you guys think?

2. claymore504

claymore504 Well-Known

Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I would imagine there will be a higher chance of issues. it just makes sense.

3. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I think they have standard manufacturing procedures and those will not change with an increase in demand. I doubt that the quality will change with any of the companies. If it was a good quality rifle before, it will continue being a good rifle. IMO

4. baboon

baboon Well-Known

The biggest problems that I've seen in recent years are American companies hiring employee's to fill a quota. Once these are filled with someone who would rather be collecting a check then earning it, then the problems begin.