• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb51

Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    How good are they?????

I know the old ones from the 1960's were good, but they had a 'bad period in the 80's. they were supposed to be better in the 2000's. Confusing to say the least.

Are they good enough for a spare to leave under the car seat, or a waste of money?

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Charter Arms are ok. But check prices on Ruger LCR and S&W airweights. Both are hovering around the $300 mark and are better than Charter, by far.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I found the armscor .38 to be crudely made and very heavy. Taurus 85's were going for under $200 recently. I'd go that route if funds were limited.

cb51

Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    Charter Arms are ok. But check prices on Ruger LCR and S&W airweights. Both are hovering around the $300 mark and are better than Charter, by far.

Where are these low prices?

I checked the local Academy and Dick's and the Bass Pro in Round Rock, and they all wanted in the neighborhood of 425 to 450 for the air weight S&W. I'd love to find a real S&W J frame for 400 or under!

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    May 25, 2009
    The wife has a Charter. Not a bad little pistol. After several years she had a problem with it doing light strikes sometimes. Sent it off to Charter and they fixed it up and sent it back. No issues so far.

The thing I like most about hers is the full 3 finger grip that came with it in a lightweight model.

I've also got a 357 from Taurus because Academy had them on sale for black friday one year so cheap I couldn't afford to pass it up. It's an all steel gun, but has been surprisingly reliable and a great pistol.

I've also got some S&W K & L frames as well as a couple of Colt snakes, but those were a tad higher priced than what we paid for the Charter or Taurus.

Churchmouse

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    We have 2 bulldogs i Special as bugs. I like them in this roll. My daughter snagged one the 1st time she saw them on the bench. It stays in her purse or close to her person at all times.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A friend has been shooting a Bulldog for years w/o a problem....

Nate C

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Are they good enough for a spare to leave under the car seat, or a waste of money?

Please please spend a few bucks get a lock box for it, or somehow secure it in your vehicle. Every time a gun gets stolen and subsequently misused, it is a win for those that oppose our Second Amendment rights.

justinbowser

Jun 7, 2016
    Crowley, TX
    I carry a SS .44 Spec. Bulldog and it's great, I have never had any problems. I would say it's only "wart" is a pretty stiff DA pull but I always thumb the hammer back.

Top Bottom