• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    My wife, her 2 sisters and my daughter all want to shoot this weekend and I need a cheap place to shoot. Any ideas? With the price of ammo I would hate yo burn $70 bucks just for range time.
    Gun Zone Deals

Rubikees

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Houston
    Houston is a big area to cover. If out on the west side, American Shooters. I-59 (NE) indoor shooting range is a bit run down but it functions fine. SE is the South Houston indoor shooting range on Nebraska but I do not know the price now n days. That is where I first learned to shoot when my dad let me shoot his Colt .45 GI 1911 when I was 8. Yea, it has been around a very long time.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    SE is the South Houston indoor shooting range on Nebraska but I do not know the price now n days. That is where I first learned to shoot when my dad let me shoot his Colt .45 GI 1911 when I was 8. Yea, it has been around a very long time.
    still $8. i went a couple weeks ago.
    rapid fire is ok, unlike most others. also can shoot non slug shotgun, f/a, silencers, etc.
    great hours: 12p-10p 7 days
    also pasadena gun center off 225. that still there?
    you can shoot aks and ars there. no shotgun there tho

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    My fav place to go. If you go on a weekday you have the place pretty much to yourself.

still $8. i went a couple weeks ago.
    rapid fire is ok, unlike most others. also can shoot non slug shotgun, f/a, silencers, etc.
    great hours: 12p-10p 7 days
    also pasadena gun center off 225. that still there?
    you can shoot aks and ars there. no shotgun there tho

Hotwell's is fine, family owned and well run.
    Price has changed recently to 10/gun. Also it's a little warm outside these days after about 1000 hrs.

3 people I better see at Range Day this weekend! WE're doing it at ASC but I'm glad to see CraigNTX post info about a decent indoor range. Clearly July, August, and probably Sept range days will have to be indoors. So we are looking for a good indoor range to sponsor a group of us on a saturday for a few hours(cheaply). I also like Gun Emporium. Friendly people shot there- a guy gave me 2 boxes of 22 ammo yesterday(nice Wolf Target ammo) and wouldn't take a dollar from me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    3 people I better see at Range Day this weekend! WE're doing it at ASC but I'm glad to see CraigNTX post info about a decent indoor range. Clearly July, August, and probably Sept range days will have to be indoors. So we are looking for a good indoor range to sponsor a group of us on a saturday for a few hours(cheaply).

Seems as if one would need to rent out several stalls in advance for several hours, or there would be no way to keep everybody together (side by side by side).
    Then, talking is extremely difficult idoors as well.

ETA: I just love being a killjoy, lol.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Seems as if one would need to rent out several stalls in advance for several hours, or there would be no way to keep everybody together (side by side by side).
    Then, talking is extremely difficult idoors as well.

ETA: I just love being a killjoy, lol.

Believe me, my thoughts exactly. That's why I'm already fishing for ideas.

I go to the marksman range, on Nebraska, as stated above. 8 bucks per shooter...friendly service as well..

Nice to know... Come shoot with us this Saturday.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Nice to know... Come shoot with us this Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I would go, but I work 11-9, I know my gf wouldn't be pleased if I go without her lol, so I would have to pick her up and drive back, by that time would be closed...perhaps another time...

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Seems as if one would need to rent out several stalls in advance for several hours, or there would be no way to keep everybody together (side by side by side).Then, talking is extremely difficult idoors as well.ETA: I just love being a killjoy, lol.
    Yeah, I'm under the assumption that we'll likely contact whatever indoor range we decide on about scheduling our group meets. Who knows, maybe we can get special pricing considerations or reservations based on the number of us attending and number of firearms we would be bringing.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I can't believe that this thread has gone this far and no one has asked if the sisters are hot, single, and how old they are.

So accordingtome, fill us in on that.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yeah, I'm under the assumption that we'll likely contact whatever indoor range we decide on about scheduling our group meets. Who knows, maybe we can get special pricing considerations or reservations based on the number of us attending and number of firearms we would be bringing.

I have never been asked about "number of guns" where I go, they ONLY charge by the hour.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Another potential problem is some indoor ranges (the ones I like) keep the pistol & rifle ranges seperate.

As I generally only shoot pistols, this is the way I like it.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I have never been asked about "number of guns" where I go, they ONLY charge by the hour.
    Well I don't know about any of the ranges we would consider going to but I know that some ranges charge per gun. As I don't frequent ranges and mostly shoot at home I'm not familiar with how all of the Houston ranges structure their pricing. I just meant that perhaps whatever range would consider a discount given a large enough group.

Another potential problem is some indoor ranges (the ones I like) keep the pistol & rifle ranges seperate.

As I generally only shoot pistols, this is the way I like it.

I could live with whatever the group decides.

Top Bottom