• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coletrane811

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    DFW
    Anyone else frequent this establishment? I just moved to McKinney and was pretty happy to see one here. Great prices on ammo and quite a large selection of AR/AK accessories and repair items. Wish they had more small parts, but from what they've told me, they're working on getting more of the small stuff in. The staff seems pretty nice and very attentive the few times I've been in there. Pretty cool place with a large selection of guns, ammo, and accessories.
    Lynx Defense

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I go there a lot because its right around the corner from school. Its a great place inventory wise but the staff could be a little more knowledgeable example 1: a mom wanted to buy her some who was in the military a remington 870 for home protection because he lived off base and the guy that was helping her told her that she couldn't make the purchase because it would be a felony for her to purchase a firearm specifically for someone else. example 2: a suit who was obviously knew to guns was looking at purchasing a hand gun and was asking about the different makes and models and how they differ price wise they talked about several different models and the sales guy said well if you dont mind NOT HAVING ANY SAFETIES AT ALL THEN GLOCK MAKES A REALLY GOOD GUN.I'm not trying to knock CTD because i really like their stores just saying some of the staff need to brush up on what they are selling.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Frequent it often and actually purchased two handguns their. First Sales guy was a douche, but i already knew what i wanted so didn't care. Second Sales guy was great! Intelligent, actually was listening to what i was looking for, and just an overall pleaseant experience!

+1 on the ammo selection and price.

FYI, good Sales guys name was Mike.

Curt 58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Rhome
    Cheaper Than Dirt was a great place when they were small.
    They grew so fast the Fort Worth store has lost some of it's home town feel for me. I've never been to the Allen Store since I live in Rhome. It's just too far to go when the FW is just down the road from us.
    Been buying from them for years and yes their sales staff tend to be varied in background, knowledge and willingness to listen.
    Hard to find someone proficient in all three!

Still have some good deals in all their stores. IIRC the Fort Worth Store is their main warehouse.

bootsdeal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    North Texas
    I've been once, looking but not to buy at that time. However, friend of mind got great deal on Springfield 1911, and he's pretty in to what good prices are on specific firearms. I'll go back when time to buy something.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    {sigh} How soon they forget.

It wasn't that long ago when ammo got scarce and CTD jacked their prices through the roof. I guess they figured that either Obama would put them out of business or that most people these days have the attention span of a 3-year-old.

Screw CTD.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    That's supply and demand 95% of stores did that from small mom and pops shops to corporate stores unfortunately that's the world we live in. Now ctd sells stuff well below what my usual mom and pop shop does.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Perhaps they did - but those that did no longer get my trade - because plenty of 'em kept their prices at a fair profit and didn't gouge - so I just do my business w/them.

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    Anyone else frequent this establishment? I just moved to McKinney and was pretty happy to see one here. Great prices on ammo and quite a large selection of AR/AK accessories and repair items. Wish they had more small parts, but from what they've told me, they're working on getting more of the small stuff in. The staff seems pretty nice and very attentive the few times I've been in there. Pretty cool place with a large selection of guns, ammo, and accessories.

Yes and it is an outstanding store that blows away their Ft. Worth store. All the folks there are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The vast majority of their staff are Vets. That particular store is shit hot,IMO....great selection and prices. I recommend this store for anyone who lives within reasonable distance:patriot:

Rockfish Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Michigan
    Perhaps they did - but those that did no longer get my trade - because plenty of 'em kept their prices at a fair profit and didn't gouge - so I just do my business w/them.​

I totally agree. The firearm industry and customer base needs to stick together like one big happy family, even looking out for one another. There are plenty within and outside of These United States that would like to see the American armed CITIZENS become unarmed SUBJECTS.

For a business or individual to adopt predatory business practices is goes beyond the pale.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Bought a lot of stuff from them when they did the Gun Shows in the 90s.

Ever since they opened up retail locations their prices are no longer competitive. What they did after Obama got elected was unconscionable.

Are they still selling PMAGS for the low price of 39.97, or are they back to the regular price of 59.06?

CTD-PMAGS.gif

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    CTD will never get my business.

The way they treat states with any firearm restrictions is ridiculous. I couldn't even order a GD grip wrap for my XD because I was in CA. Not to mention there unwillingness to ship 100% legal rifle ammunition 2 months before a handgun ammo ban (which never went in effect, got shot down) went in effect.

beardking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    I have been there and bought various things, and only because of the limited amount of options that are available to me locally, I'll probably end up going back. The first 2 trips to their store put a very sour taste in my mouth for them.

My first trip, I went there to check it out as I had never been to CTD in Ft. Worth and this one is a lot closer to me. It wasn't as large as I was expecting, but in general a gun store is always a good thing to me. Looked around for a while and finally decided that I'd get some HD ammo for my S&W M&P 9c and went over to the pistol ammo aisle. I was looking through the different boxes of 9mm ammo and came across Remington Golden Saber Jacketed Hollow Point +P in a 25 round box for $15.19. I looked a little more closely at the price sticker under the box of ammo (and on each of the shelves below which all held the same ammo) and it said that the price was for 50 rounds. I figured that most likely that was a typo, so I grabbed an employee and had him verify my assumption. He agreed that it was a typo and that they needed to change the tag. I was a little let down by the typo, but oh well I went ahead and got the ammo.
    So, the next day I went to the range with a couple boxes of Federal Champion practice ammo and one magazine full of the Remington that I had bought. I wanted to check that it would cycle through my gun with no problems and it functioned perfectly. The next week I figured that since I was in the area again I would go ahead and stop by CTD McKinney and get another box of the Remington.
    When I got over to get the ammo I noticed that the price sticker STILL said that it was $15.19 for 50 rounds. Now, I can understand typos and I let it go as that the first time. This time, I felt that it is the stores responsibility to maintain their accuracy on their pricing and I had already pointed out that the current price sticker could cause a lot of confusion to the customers. So, I picked up 2 25 round boxes and proceeded to the cashier. When he rang it up as 2 seperate boxes I pointed out to him that the sticker said that the $15.19 price was for 50 rounds, not 25. He called over the manager (John) and relayed my issue. I took the manager over to show him what the sticker said and to verify that I was indeed reading that the sticker distinctly said 50 rounds. I pointed out that I was there last weekend and I was told it was a typo and had let it go then, but that the price sticker still was saying that it was $15.19 for 50 rounds, not 25. He agreed that it was a typo and that it needed to be changed, but he didn't agree with me that he should honor the price as it was shown. I disagreed with him on this point. I asked him how it was that he could have a price shown on his shelves that was "incorrect" for at least 2 weeks and had been pointed out to his employees on the previous week and yet he didn't think that he should have to honor that price. His response was that he didn't have to.
    Up to that point I could have possibly just let it slide and just been irritated at their lack of accuracy. But, to me "because I don't have to" is not an appropriate response when dealing with a customer. "Company policy doesn't allow it." "I don't have the authority to." Something along those lines, and I could have possibly been moderately appeased. "Because I don't have to..." is very bad in the customer service list of responses and I told him as much. I asked him how it is that I am supposed to accept and pay the prices that are attached to the items if he's not supposed to honor the prices and quantities listed on those same stickers and I considered this to be a very bad example of customer service and that I wasn't at all happy with how he was addressing the issue. After my wife (who was there with me at the time) asked numerous times "why don't you have to honor your own prices" and never receiving an answer other than "because I don't have to", we were starting to get very irritated. I think he finally realized that and realized that we weren't going to be happy with "because I don't have to" as an answer. He finally agreed to discount the ammo 100% and went off to change the sticker. I told him that I wasn't there to get free ammo and that I'd pay the $15.19 shown, but only for 50 rounds and not the 25 rounds that he was insisting the price was for. He insisted on the 100% discount and told his cashier to ring it up that way.
    Now, in the end, yes he did discount the ammo, but rather than doing it as a means to serve his customer (and honor the price/quantity shown), I feel that he did this only to get us out of his store. It may seem to some like I was simply trying to exploit a simple typo, and I can see how it can be viewed in that manner. However, as I pointed out to the manager and as I mentioned earlier, I brought to light the typo a week earlier and they had not changed the price. At that point, I felt that I had done my part as a consumer and it was time for them to do their part as a place of business.

That's just one persons experience over a couple of visits and others may have much more positive experiences, but because of how this was handled, I have a serious distaste for CTD in McKinney.

wneubauer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I live 4 miles from there and have visited many times. There prices are not the best all the time, but with 4 good gun shops within 10 miles, we have a nice little gun market in McKinney/Allen right now. I have had all good experiences there, and have purchased one 10/22, and several other items, including ammo.

I like it and all the people I have dealt with there have been great.

haskovez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Dallas
    I like the place. One nice thing about them, is if you order a firearm from the cheaperthandirt.com website and put them down as your FFL to take delivery they don't charge you a transfer fee. That being said if you want to use them to do transfers from somewhere else it is $75 so not worth it in that respect.

Plano Mark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Plano Texas
    I try to go there once a month. I like their ammo availability, plus it is nice that you can see/touch the ammo boxex, unlike WalMart's or Academy where pistol and/or handgun ammo is locked up or behind a counter. I do wish they had parts for Glocks.

My 1st CCW instructor works there, and I like that.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom