• Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Oh! Not so! There was a good TGT turnout! You musta missed the posts! :(

@no2gates came, and @Eastexasrick, and @striker55 came up from Katy - and even @FNORD came for a bit! And @thescoutranch and @jrbfishn were here for most of it..... @Moonpie stopped by for a while...on his way to the DQ...

We all had a great time! I'd show you the pics, but Moonpie stole my camera cause I had the proof of him shooting his Glocks. I told him next time to just leave them at home.

I'll make sure personally that you know about our next one - You too @billtool :)

:roflfunny:
    You should install a glock detector to prevent a recurrence.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Oh! Not so! There was a good TGT turnout! You musta missed the posts! :(

@no2gates came, and @Eastexasrick, and @striker55 came up from Katy - and even @FNORD came for a bit! And @thescoutranch and @jrbfishn were here for most of it..... @Moonpie stopped by for a while...on his way to the DQ...

We all had a great time! I'd show you the pics, but Moonpie stole my camera cause I had the proof of him shooting his Glocks. I told him next time to just leave them at home.

I'll make sure personally that you know about our next one - You too @billtool :)

:roflfunny:
    And the moonshine was excellent! Apparently I had so much of it I don’t even remember this event…

:banghead:

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    D831F32E-BDD2-4421-A4A3-292B5ED47C2B.jpeg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hello, long time lurker, first time poster!

Bounced around the US a lot due to work, hopefully, Texas is the last stop because I'm not sure I can do another cross-country move. I didn't get into firearms until my mid-20s, but now, the importance of the RTKBA has played a huge factor in deciding where I want to live and raise a family. Some quick facts:

• Currently, most of my collection is "practical," but in the past I did collect milsurps because of historical interest and living in a ban state locked me out of all the cool stuff anyway. Sadly, moving around has forced me to downsize and I'm down to just a pre-Pearl Harbor Garand now.
    • I have attended about 6 Appleseed shoots (and only qualified Rifleman once) and would like to get into more competitive shooting
    • I have not hunted before, but would like to give it a shot someday
    • I was a part owner of a gun shop in the Seattle area, someday I think I'd like to try it again as a kitchen table FFL
    • Buying a handgun in a WalMart parking lot is on my Texas bucketlist. I've lived mostly in blue states where this wasn't legal and I just want to be able to say that I did.
    Looking forward to getting to know my fellow TGTers! If you'll excuse me, I'm headed straight to the Classifieds section.
    <>

Welcome to the Gulf South & Texas !

leVieux

NoFunAllowed

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Lago Vista
    Nah... his intro post sounded stout.
    And, with a chosen nick of "NoFunAllowed" it was just too tempting of a play. :)

I've been cracking up reading all the banter here, seems like you guys actually have fun on the forums here.

And normally, I add "1934" to the end, but I figured most people would clock that joke in a second around here.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No. This is our annual get together.

You’re talking about the TGT reunion meet. I think Jimmy organized it last spring at Texas Star Shooting Club.

I don’t if someone has stepped up to coordinate it again this year. I did it for several years after Shotgun Jeremy bowed out. It’s easy to coordinate, somebody just has to make a couple of phone calls to Texas Star and run a couple threads on here.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hello, long time lurker, first time poster!

Bounced around the US a lot due to work, hopefully, Texas is the last stop because I'm not sure I can do another cross-country move. I didn't get into firearms until my mid-20s, but now, the importance of the RTKBA has played a huge factor in deciding where I want to live and raise a family. Some quick facts:

• Currently, most of my collection is "practical," but in the past I did collect milsurps because of historical interest and living in a ban state locked me out of all the cool stuff anyway. Sadly, moving around has forced me to downsize and I'm down to just a pre-Pearl Harbor Garand now.
    • I have attended about 6 Appleseed shoots (and only qualified Rifleman once) and would like to get into more competitive shooting
    • I have not hunted before, but would like to give it a shot someday
    • I was a part owner of a gun shop in the Seattle area, someday I think I'd like to try it again as a kitchen table FFL
    • Buying a handgun in a WalMart parking lot is on my Texas bucketlist. I've lived mostly in blue states where this wasn't legal and I just want to be able to say that I did.
    Looking forward to getting to know my fellow TGTers! If you'll excuse me, I'm headed straight to the Classifieds section.
    <>

If you hunt, take great care to not shoot a black bear by mistake. I was hunting feral hogs @ Fall Creek Ranch, next to your community, in February and saw a small one, about 50 or 60#. Thinking it a hog, I was about to shoot when it turned sideways and I could see the bear’s face. I spoke with a TPW Biologist, who told that black bear sightings are reported almost weekly from Llano county.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    <>

If you hunt, take great care to not shoot a black bear by mistake. I was hunting feral hogs @ Fall Creek Ranch, next to your community, in February and saw a small one, about 50 or 60#. Thinking it a hog, I was about to shoot when it turned sideways and I could see the bear’s face. I spoke with a TPW Biologist, who told that black bear sightings are reported almost weekly from Llano county.
    There's not any black bears out here. I work on large ranches all over the Northern Hill country and have lived out in the Hill country my entire life. I've never once seen a trace or even heard of any bears around here.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    There's not any black bears out here. I work on large ranches all over the Northern Hill country and have lived out in the Hill country my entire life. I've never once seen a trace or even heard of any bears around here.
    <>

That’s what I thought, too.

Check w/ TPW. The Biologist I spoke w/ said they get so many “bear reports” from the Hill Country, & Kerrville/Llano areas lately, that HQ won’t even take a report unless w/ a photo.

leVieux

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    <>

That’s what I thought, too.

Check w/ TPW. The Biologist I spoke w/ said they get so many “bear reports” from the Hill Country, & Kerrville/Llano areas lately, that HQ won’t even take a report unless w/ a photo.

leVieux
    How many photos showing bears have they gotten?

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Top Bottom