Join TexasGunTalk

Chief of Police leaves gun in restroom.

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Moonpie, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I went to work at a place for a year before I couldn't take it any more and with all my years, I would have had a boatload of stars on my uniform. "hey look at me..." Yesterday I had a buddy call and ask if I wanted to reserve with a real small po dunk agency because they can't find qualified people. THAT is where we are right now and it should chill to the bone every one of us.

2. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Sub,

Clue me in: Wouldn't real small po dunk agencies have a hard time finding qualified people because they can't pay them very well - the qualified folks head to greener pastures - or am I wrong?

Thanks!

3. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Well that definitely is a consideration but I think what you will find if talking with recruiters of most agencies is that finding qualified applicants is also a huge issue.
    You get substandard applicants lowering standards. Is this chief one of them? I dunno and I am not even saying she needs to be fired because of it. Her apology smacks of the PC BS I saw when I was leaving. It is just getting to be too much for the average officer. Even if the agency pays well, is it worth it to face criminal charges because you did your job or risk being fired because you said the truth but no one wants to hear it?

Look at the FtW chief controversary now.....

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

TheMailMan and rmantoo like this.
  4. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Sub,

I hear ya.

Most normal people value Law Enforcement, care for Law Enforcement and want them to do succeed.

I know I do and I think most here do.

5. Dancing Heretik

Dancing Heretik Member

Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    How about this: Brave Responce CC Holster

6. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    When I get home on WiFi and am not at work, I’ll check it out!

7. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Finders keepers! Suck it Cantrell!

Wildcat Diva likes this.
  8. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016
    I checked it out. I do not think it would offer the support of a gun belt for drawing purposes, the belt part that goes around looks really flimsy. I also do not think the trigger is protected enough. I’m not crazy about a snap retention. I just don’t think that I would be happy with my draw from such a thing. I have to be happy with my draw.

I’m spoiled with my OWB kydex holster with great retention where my firearm simply snaps in.

I DID like that the hilt Of the firearm was presented well, for a good firing grip.

It might be a good idea for someone who carries inside the waistband, and a belt would kind of secure the holster that way. I prefer to carry OWB.

Thanks for the idea.

Dancing Heretik likes this.
  9. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016

I can’t imagine going through all that for a few seconds of peeing several times a day. What DOES a lady cop do in such instances, I wonder.

10. Southpaw

Southpaw LOW CLASS TGT Supporter

5.11 has answered the call.

https://www.511tactical.com/womens-pdu-go-pant.html