• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jodevilgod1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    tx
    Hi all,
    I took the class last year, and sent in my packet in September. A few days later I headed back overseas to finish the deployment. I got back home last month, and was a bit worried when the misses told me nothing came in the mail.....not even a PIN. So I contact DPS and they tell me that my application is "probably still processing" I sent them another inquiry yesterday and now they are telling me that my name isn't anywhere in the system.

So, it looks like I simply donated $75 to them and $100 to the range.

I will have to give it another shot. Anyone know of a class near Fort Hood/Killeen?
    Military Camp

krull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    The Woodlands, TX
    Sorry, I don't of any in that area. I took the class last Nov. and didnt receive a pin number as well. I called and got a pin number a few days later. I was thinking the prices weren't right, but you get the military discount, that's alright. I think I paid a little bit more than that.

martywj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burleson
    Did you send it to Austin "Signature Required"? Thats how we did it. It cost a little more, but at least that way you somebody received it.

Active or retired military or previous military or over 60 years old only pay half the fee to the state. Same for renewal.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    You don't need to take the class again. You should have a copy of your CHL 100, get a new app and prints, photos etc, and send it again. Your instructor should have a copy as well. I would contact him/her and get some assitance.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't see what sending it return receipt, signature required or anything else really does. If DPS tells you they don't have your packet, regardless of what signature or other tracking information you may have, you will still have to resubmit the info. Wouldn't you?

martywj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burleson
    Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't see what sending it return receipt, signature required or anything else really does. If DPS tells you they don't have your packet, regardless of what signature or other tracking information you may have, you will still have to resubmit the info. Wouldn't you?

Well, thats the way we were advised to send our packets. It just gave us a nice warm feeling is that OK!! We sent our money as Certified Checks also because that's what we were advised to do also

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well, thats the way we were advised to send our packets. It just gave us a nice warm feeling is that OK!! We sent our money as Certified Checks also because that's what we were advised to do also

Yeah, I know some instructors tell their students to do that, and if it helps I am all for it. I just don't want others to think they should go to the hassle or expense if it really accomplishes nothing.

PS Current military and those honorably discharged in the last 365 days are free. Very cool of our legislators!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I understand the thought process is that you can then go back to the state and say "It was received by xyz on this date". If nothing else, if the same name keeps coming up, someone should get called up on the carpet. It DOES stink that they can simply say "didn't get it" and that's it...

gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    I'm an instructor and know some people that work there. If you go to my website, you'll find my email address if it isn't below in my signature. Email me your info, and I'll call them asap.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I understand the thought process is that you can then go back to the state and say "It was received by xyz on this date". If nothing else, if the same name keeps coming up, someone should get called up on the carpet. It DOES stink that they can simply say "didn't get it" and that's it...

In the real world that would be a solution to getting to the bottom of the problem, however, every time I have sent anything in with signature required, it is stamped with the same name. Yes, I said stamped. So it can be whoever gets the mail. They lost some of my paperwork when I was applying for the instructor course. I was told by several people there that it can take 3 weeks to get from the mail room to the person it is intended for.?????????????????????

Top Bottom