• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • articfox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Dallas
    Good evening, all! I'm in the process of completing my application, and have a 1983 Cl. C misdemeanor for drug paraphenalia to list. I called Comal County to get a letter of disposition, and they tell me they have no record of it. I was 17 when I got the citation, and paid a fine, but that was it. How do I address this on my application, since I cannot provide a letter of disposition from the court?
    Gun Zone Deals

CHill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Cedar Hill
    arcticfox,

I am certain someone can come along and state it more eloquently, but you may need to ask for a certified copy of having no record from the clerk in Comal County, list the arrest, and provide the substantiating paperwork along with your packet. There may be a nominal charge for the clerk to certify the letter but worth it all in the end. You may want to call the DPS number (512) 424-7293 to get clarification on how to proceed. Even if you are not able to procure a letter,and IANAL, I would declare the arrest in the application to avoid any possibility of your background check saying otherwise. I hope it helps...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    arcticfox,

I am certain someone can come along and state it more eloquently, but you may need to ask for a certified copy of having no record from the clerk in Comal County, list the arrest, and provide the substantiating paperwork along with your packet. There may be a nominal charge for the clerk to certify the letter but worth it all in the end. You may want to call the DPS number (512) 424-7293 to get clarification on how to proceed. Even if you are not able to procure a letter,and IANAL, I would declare the arrest in the application to avoid any possibility of your background check saying otherwise. I hope it helps...

Should be a sticky...

Top Bottom