• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    According to his signature, he is an instructor.
    Mind-Blown.jpg

GWE Chally

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Greenville, Tx
    Yeah, I am an instructor. An instructor who just finished yesterday, and hasn't taught a class yet... I admit that I need to study the laws more.

But, I sense that you guys have the run of this place, so I will likely take my leave...

I hope you don't treat all new comers this way.

GWE Chally

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Greenville, Tx
    No, I am not above being corrected. I don't want to be wrong, I doubt anyone wants to be wrong.

And, you would have to try a lot harder than that to offend me.

I have been on quite a few forums where conversations like this turn into a "gang up on the new guy" and I wasn't going to stick around for that. I have better things to do with my time.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No, I am not above being corrected. I don't want to be wrong, I doubt anyone wants to be wrong.

And, you would have to try a lot harder than that to offend me.

I have been on quite a few forums where conversations like this turn into a "gang up on the new guy" and I wasn't going to stick around for that. I have better things to do with my time.

Whatever dude. You jump in quoting a law then act butt hurt when corrected. May I show you the door.......

GWE Chally

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Greenville, Tx
    Whatever dude. You jump in quoting a law then act butt hurt when corrected. May I show you the door.......

Maybe you didn't read what you quoted correctly... And maybe you are reading too much into my previous posts... I don't know. I was never "butt hurt" and I am not afraid of being wrong. But, you think what you want. I think I'll have another beer and forget about this thread.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"

Never have I understood with anyone on this forum so much. I have been part of about 5 forums in my years and normally there is some hack from "senior members" (which should be opposite by the way) TxINVESTIGATOR- That was very out of line "ill show you the door". If you want this forum to continue to thrive for the MODS that control it, you as a "member" cannott and should not act this way to Anyone, especially-----> new members. You have done this to me and I have read many many many other post where you do it to others also. Just read 3 about 15 min ago where you acted kind, then out of line. You ignore my PM one week ago where I basically apologized for asking so many questions, and THANK YOU for so much help and acknowledge your superiority knowledge of the Texas Gun Laws and I GET no response. Thats fine, im ok with that. Is it ethicall, I dunno you be the judge. Like I said in week one, I joined because of the "maturity" of the boards and as I quoted in the later, "its not like a Minitruckin forum, always arguing bitching and fighting".

Before you and other "senior members" or any member at that ruin it for everyone gets your head out of your ass and Be kind to new members. They have came here for a reason and its probably a good idea not to run them off. I see this alot and whether the Mods, alan or anyone else comments on your and others behaviors, IT HAS TO RUB THEM THE WRONG WAY. Some ppl think because they sent over 20 bucks a year, they are part owner in the site and can do what they want. I will end my rant, but is it really a rant. NO, its a very valid concern that I notice.

14K members, people sit back and be quite more than they get confrontational. They leave, you never know it. Lets focus on keeping members and not causing very piss poor member retention. Hell, im attacked and still doing whats best for the site, you should too. Internet and in person is different.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Take it easy dude. He popped off with a cocky attitude by not answering question, but by quoting only part of a law. No one teamed up on or picked on him. It was pointed out that he should read the entire law to see why his quote gave the wrong answer, and the specific section was even pointed out to him. No judgments were made.

Another member asked where he took his class, not realizing the guy is listing himself as an instructor. It is bad enough when people who have been to the class do not know about "parks".

It was clarified that he was an instructor.

No judgements, no attacts, just facts. The dude then got on the defensive, finally saying he didn't have time for it and generally continuing to rant even after being invited to stay and even myself apologizing for making him feel bad.

He can go as far as I am concerned.

And you have no complaint when some of our most temperate members label you a troll and ask for a ban. It aint all of them.

That said, I do not hold a grudge and tend to just answer posts without regard for who the author is.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Oh there was a response when the TROLL comment was made. Many responses. I understand. I just get tired(not just you) of seeing all these members crackin on other members, especially new ones. You, me and any other somewhat educated person knows that is bad buisness. We need a anger managment section for people to go when they have issues. This would make them feel big and bad on the net..lol. I was on a full size truck forum once as a new member, people talked a lot of shit like they did in the beginning here and they were having a meet at a racetrack. I wanted to go also, I went and "met them in the process" and boy they sure do love to talk to you and be your friend in person..lol. Most of them were small guys. We were all cool after that.

I vote, send a Pm to someone if they are posting something you dont like. The right thing to do would just be ignore it but thats hard for some to do. Many on forums post a lot to get their Number of post up so others look at them like they know it all.

FYI: This is all just chatting here, not ranting or raving at all. In a good mood so I got type crazy..lol have a good day folks

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If the park in question is a public park and there were no signs, or someone telling you you could not carry there, you should be ok. (Just don't dip into the cooler, too many times.)

This changes if there is some kind of official school or professional event going on. Or if the park is on school or church property.

You are a CHL instructor? Shame on you!!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Celeste
    But, I sense that you guys have the run of this place, so I will likely take my leave...

TxINVESTIGATOR- That was very out of line "ill show you the door".

i guess if a person talks about leaving twice.. then someone says go ahead and leave.. this is out of line.

someon call the waaambunlance, we have a easily offended alert.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You're right, I just saw 2007 and somehow that stuck in my mind. Boy time flies I remember when they suck it in last min on this bill should have also remember GW signed it.

It is documented in the 2001 edition of the LS-16 handbook.

I think it was 1997, perhaps that was only 30.06 that year and 46.035 was updated in 1999 after the FW church shooting. Either way my point was the change has been around for awhile.

Top Bottom