• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    My FIL and I are taking the CHL course with Wetmore tomorrow. Hope its a good day. I understand that some instructors can make it a very loooooong day while others are very good. I am hoping that Wetmore is one of the better trainings.

Will let ya know how it goes.

TD
    Hurley's Gold

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Frank and his wife did a nice job. Class went well and he handled the one issue very well out on the range. Had one guy handling his handgun in a very unsafe manner and after a warning he was asked to leave the range when he did not listen.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Good to hear, I really like them. Both him and his wife are top shelf IMO.

I got my CHL from "Bullet Hole".... what a mistake. All about the money for them, they crammed 70 people into a tiny bungalow and individual questions were not answered. It was a big cattle herding type experience and majority of the time was spent filling out 4 pieces of paper and watching a video from the early 90's that was 100% garbage in terms of being the least bit informative.

Although i like shooting at the bullet hole... i would not advise anyone to take their class.

Red78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    San Antonio
    Their (Lone Star Handgun) fees are listed on the website, but here they are:
    Active Duty Military - $75
    CHL Renewal - $75
    New Applicant - $115
    Group (2 or More) - $100
    Retired Military - $100
    Firefighter/EMS - $100

Sgt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    San Antonio
    I took mine at "Bullet Hole" also, I had an altogether different experiance than Texas Bulldog. Class was packed, yet i found the instructors personable but very profesional. you have to ask "why are the packed?" there has to be a reason!!

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Because they are the cheapest and you can pay the day of the class.

Others like Wetmore you have to pay in advance so that's making 2 trips, then they have their own Range which makes it convenient that you can do the shooting portion of the test on the spot. Add that to the fact that they are the cheapest (except for Wetmore who is $10 less but like i said, pay in advance and no range on site). Of course they will fill up.

There were a few in the class that had never even touched a firearm before and they were getting they were making exceptions for them letting 1 girl next to me not shoot all the stations or even try and make an effort to stay within the allocated time frame of different drills. That lady should NOT of walked out of there with a pass. Sure the #'s are great but at least 1/4 of that class should NOT be allowed to carry a gun or get a permit without more practice.

JOe

Top Bottom