• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MILspec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    El Paso
    Looking for a good instructor for the CHL class. I am active military and so far all i found was a business card given out at Ft Bliss PX Gun section. Any info ?
    Venture Surplus ad

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Another is Center Mass CHL. I believe he is active military and seems like a real nice guy......Center Mass (Home)

There is another I see advertising in the paper once in a while. If I remember correct..Will Sears is his name.

Hope this gets ya in the right direction.

Chris

MILspec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    El Paso
    Thanks guys... I'm willing to travel maybe 2 hours out of my way for a good instructor and at a fair price. The center mass school seems right but a little pricey ( no offense center mass) but I have heard nothing but good things about Center Mass. But still looking around at other options.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Unfortunately, There isn't alot to choose from in the El Paso area. A 2 hour drive from El Paso to anywhere else in Texas doesn't get you really anywhere. Have to get to at least San Antonio to find a better deal I would think. Plus, use 2 hours worth of gas to save yourself 30 bucks? Anyways, I hope you find something you're looking for.

MILspec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    El Paso
    I did find out that Center Mass is only $125 for active.. Wanted to clearify on the high price. i was wrong. This seems like the option i will do.

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    Looking for a good instructor for the CHL class. I am active military and so far all i found was a business card given out at Ft Bliss PX Gun section. Any info ?

You can do an out of state license through the state of Arizona that cost $60, it’s much faster, it won’t require you to take the 10 hr class here in Texas and it is valid for Texas. I would recommend you go this rout, spend your money on taking a CCW course that actually covers skills and techniques for concealed carry. As for being in compliance for Texas laws regarding concealed carry, you can down load the rules and laws and read up on them. My personal experiences with CHL instructors, is that they offer advice that can be questionable, and unless they are a criminal defense attorney who specializes in use of force and or self defense, I think any advice given should be taken as a grain of salt.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Dang Dean, too bad you weren't around back when I got my CHL. Only "extra" the guy I took the class with (retired cop) did for me was sign my paperwork in the wrong place! I didn't notice till I was getting ready to send my package in and was double checking everything. What a goat rope tracking him down to get his sig where it was supposed to be. :banghead:

Enough of the rant. Welcome aboard!

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I wish I would have taken a better class...i spent MAYBE 2.5 hrs in classroom part, then instructor said to meet at range in 2 hrs. Got very little out of class. Learned much more on my own. Was disappointed. Good thing I try to read alot about the subject.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    If you want something other than CHL training look at what Suarez International (SI) has to offer. If you have a range we will come to you. If you are willing to host a course ( does involve some work) your training is free and you get two additional slots you can sell or give to training buddies. As one of the Tier 1 Staff I teach almost every course offered by SI and I'm sure you'll find something you'll really enjoy. Close Range Gunfighting (CRG) is one of the courses I would reccomend if you're well versed in marksmanship fundamentals and you have good safe gunhandling skills.
    Dean....do you do any handgun classes other than CHL?

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Holy Guacamole! Looks like desert and range practice for me. The cost of training is out of my reach. Thanks for the info, though...

dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    El Paso, Texas
    I had a long explanation on this post about what all I provide in my class and I see someone deleted it. I have no idea why, maybe someone can shed a little light on the subject?

To answer your question, I only offer CHL training at this point. If you're interested in what any costs are and/or what all is provided in my CHL Class please message me or visit my site....thanks!

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I had a long explanation on this post about what all I provide in my class and I see someone deleted it. I have no idea why, maybe someone can shed a little light on the subject?

To answer your question, I only offer CHL training at this point. If you're interested in what any costs are and/or what all is provided in my CHL Class please message me or visit my site....thanks!

Hmmm...I see that the post is gone....not sure why. Anyhow....I already have my CHL, just looking for addition training on a CHl level...not combat. Wish folks would realize that CHL holders would greatly benefit from affordable training. Just makes sense to me. The more trained they are , the better the educated and reactive decisions that can be made. I can not afford a $500 plus class. I feel there are alot of CHL holders out there that could greatly benefit from a little additional training on average situational CHL issues. I know I could. I would pay the same as my CHL class...$125... to get a few hour course . But not $500 plus. Most of us CHL holders are average Joe's. Just my 2 cents. Sorry bout the ramble, just frustrated with this training thing.

Top Bottom