• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Yep, you're on target. You're looking at close to three bills when you include ammo, a burger and those cokes or water bottles you'll be getting during the day!

We have very few rejections on prints. If I had to guess, I think the numbers less than 1 per 100 students. From what I'm hearing, rejections are up across the board, though. In government, the goal is to get the application off your desk. Rejections are probably less work. The most common rejection is for photos. They'll say they're grainy or pixelated. They all come from the same camera and are printed in the same batch, but now and then they come back.

I firmly believe, as do many instructors, that DPS loses parts of your packet, then tell you the prints or photos were substandard.
    Capitol Armory ad

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yep, you're on target. You're looking at close to three bills when you include ammo, a burger and those cokes or water bottles you'll be getting during the day!

We have very few rejections on prints. If I had to guess, I think the numbers less than 1 per 100 students. From what I'm hearing, rejections are up across the board, though. In government, the goal is to get the application off your desk. Rejections are probably less work. The most common rejection is for photos. They'll say they're grainy or pixelated. They all come from the same camera and are printed in the same batch, but now and then they come back.

I firmly believe, as do many instructors, that DPS loses parts of your packet, then tell you the prints or photos were substandard.
    No DPS wouldn't do that there pro's! :rolleyes: I think the Private security bureau lost my first security pocket card and blamed it on the mail man or something. And both of the places I'm thinking about taking it offer lunch as part of the deal. So I can save a whole $5-$10 there And After that I think I can keep it at around $290. And I have to practice of course. :rolleyes: So all in all about $350.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

I've been thinking that as well. I've got a vision of these 4 or 5 (or how many there were pre Obama) trying to handle the large increase in applications. Their boss comes by and complains they are behind, so they just reject a bunch of them to get them out of their que. No way to prove that, but my sister worked for the government for 30 some years, and somehow she's learned to move REALLY SLOW.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    And both of the places I'm thinking about taking it offer lunch as part of the deal. So I can save a whole $5-$10 there And After that I think I can keep it at around $290.

We considered providing lunch, but after talking to students over the last few years, we decided not to. The class is a long 10 hours, and most students welcome the break to get up and get out for an hour. There are tons of eats close by.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Our group ended up ordering pizza for lunch. It was pretty relaxed atmosphere. We did classroom and forms to start out morning class session, then fingerprinting right before lunch. Once you got your cards done you grabbed your pizza and drinks and chilled out. After everyone finished up with pizza we gathered our things and went out to the range to do the shooting portion. After that we came back and did more classroom. Not a bad day at all.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Our group ended up ordering pizza for lunch. It was pretty relaxed atmosphere. We did classroom and forms to start out morning class session, then fingerprinting right before lunch. Once you got your cards done you grabbed your pizza and drinks and chilled out. After everyone finished up with pizza we gathered our things and went out to the range to do the shooting portion. After that we came back and did more classroom. Not a bad day at all.

I can see where it could work out better, in a small class. In a class of 20 people or so, there's no way we'll settle on what everyone wants to eat, and there will always be that one crybaby who wants me to pay for his lunch because he doesn't like pizza.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The place I took my Level lll more or less said BBQ is what you will get for lunch the gas station is up the road. I like BBQ so no problems. I like that place and will go back for my CHL when I have the time and money. But there is one closer to the house for $80 I don't know if he does it all but he does it cheap.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The place I took my Level lll more or less said BBQ is what you will get for lunch the gas station is up the road. I like BBQ so no problems. I like that place and will go back for my CHL when I have the time and money. But there is one closer to the house for $80 I don't know if he does it all but he does it cheap.

It is $125 at Lonestar through Ross's class. That includes photos{$10-15} Fingerprints{ $15 I think for electronic prints at DPS} Notary {$5}
    plus gas and time driving all over creation to get it.

And lunch is included

When you think about it, you don't really save much, and it takes a lot longer to get it all together.

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    Im glad someone made this thread finally. Ive been wanting to get me CHL for some time but cant seem to quit buying ammo and AR parts lol.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    What? DPS would never do something like lose a copy of my military ID and "pay stub" for my fee exemption.... twice!:banghead:

"Fee exemption", what is that? I want to get my CHL now that I am redeployed for a bit...we have classes offered on FT Hood but I need to ensure they handle everything - $80 so not bad, more if you are a civvie...but $80 for dependents too! Now my neighbor wants to get hers - it's addictive...but training is important!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom