• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I disagree. Still lots of misinformation. The definition of "violent crime" is very different between the US and the UK.

Also, that guy is really annoying to watch/listen to.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011

I'm mistaken. I think I flipped it in my head since the last time I looked into these stats.

Definition of violent crime
    in the US: murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault.
    in the UK: all violence against the person, sexual offences, and robbery as violent crime.

It leaves it a bit open to interpretation without knowing the specific offenses that would fall under violent crime, but I think it's safe to say that the UK does indeed have a many times higher violent crime rate.

I wonder, then, how they get away with less murder?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Also, that guy is really annoying to watch/listen to.

I'm going to have to disagree. In fact, out of all the pro gun videos I've ever seen, this is one of the few that stands out as something effective. This guy speaks well, doesn't look like the stereotypical gun owner, states his points clearly with facts to back them up. All in all, I have to say this is a damn good video at disproving the efficacy of gun control. What we see, and what the other side sees are two different things. Heck, just by this guy's appearance, the way he talks, etc. he could easily fit in with the typical liberal crowd, so I think a guy like this stands a much better chance of getting the point across and possibly bringing more people over to our side.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm mistaken. I think I flipped it in my head since the last time I looked into these stats.

Definition of violent crime
    in the US: murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault.
    in the UK: all violence against the person, sexual offences, and robbery as violent crime.

It leaves it a bit open to interpretation without knowing the specific offenses that would fall under violent crime, but I think it's safe to say that the UK does indeed have a many times higher violent crime rate.

I wonder, then, how they get away with less murder?

No War on Drugs. A lot (majority?) of the murders here in the US are related to drug sales.

Less poverty?

Or as the guy in the video pointed out, fewer urban areas packed with over 250K people in them.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Well, the bad part of this deal is that Obanner and his peeps don't seem to care about having a debate of what works and what doesn't. They have their minds made up on what they want to do despite the mountains of facts that prove their desired methods won't make anyone safer. It has been proven throughout history that gun bans lead to oppression of subjects and mass murder. Its also a known fact that cities in the US that have used these laws have the highest crime rates. But does Obama and company care about this, nope, yet they are moving at breakneck speed to pass laws that are really intend to criminalize us and destroy the constitution to get us closer to their one world social/commie utopian dream.

rant over for now

Top Bottom