Military Camp

Chris Costa hanging out with... James Yeager? There goes my respect for Costa.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    For a few years now, I've had zero respect for Yeager as a person, which was reinforced when this video hit...

...which he defended. What really pisses me off is that some of those shooters still don't have a good draw going on, and they decide this group is "advanced" enough to put a live person downrange? That's beside the point that there is no reason to put said person downrange.

To me, Costa just destroyed his rep by getting close to this scumbag.

Hat tip to Sean Cody for keeping that second video up, when Yeager would really, really like it pulled off the internet forever.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I dunno, looks to me a lot more like Yaeger is nutswinging Costa in that video. What is Chris to do? Deny him the right to take the class? It good press for Chris to show that other instructors are wanting to train with him. I am not a huge fan of Yaeger either, but if it was Chris at a Yaeger class then I think your thread title would be much more fitting.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I agree with The Lox. I think it's a stretch to say that Costa is destroying his rep by being "interviewed" in a video with someone who clearly is not that responsible.

Chris Costa is a cool guy and I like watching his Magpul videos, but Travis Haley is way cooler. haha

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    At first this was a big WTF moment when I saw it. Now, in hindsight, I don't really blame Chris. I mean he's probably just being an objective person, letting him take his class, being friendly, etc. To some degree, there's the whole "guilt by association" thing, but they're not exactly running classes together or anything like that.

That being said, I'm no fan of Yeager. Everyone screws up, sometimes seriously. A person is judged by how they act/react to screw ups, and what they do to correct them. Continuing to try and justify one's self after screwing up is not a good thing. It's as simple as saying, "You know, I made a mistake. I'm going to learn from this and improve for next time." It sucks swallowing pride, but sometimes that's just what you have to do to correct the problem and redeem yourself. I've had to do it plenty of times. We're all wrong at some point or another. Failing to realize that and continuing to try and justify it and make excuses is a pretty good example of someone I wouldn't want to associate myself with.

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    Cross exposure= more $$$$ for errybody.

Don't really care as when I think of people and serious training, their names never came to mind anyway.

There is a surplus of instructors out there who are teaching "real life" or "combat" shit they made up in their heads.

Eventually, the cream will rise to the top.

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    Yeager is such a douche lol! Not to mention he's one of those instructors who preach that their way and his beliefs on everything that has to do guns is the right way and the ONLY way. I remember seeing one video of his of him explaining how 1911's suck and they're not worth a damn of any measure. They're was another video I saw where he was explaining that the only "fighting pistol" that's any good are Glocks... don't get me wrong, Glocks are good, but he basically was saying S&W M&P, XD/XDm, Sigs, HKs, etc were all worthless any nothing compared to almighty Glock. Now, im a Springfield lover and I love my XDm and have owned/shot mostly XD's... but he was saying how backstrap safeties are so horrible, so I commented "why do people get hung up on Grip safeties? I mean, its RIGHT THERE WHERE YOUR HAND GOES IN THE FRIST PLACE! its something you don't even have to think about it when you draw it and it disengages without you having to thinking twice... its not a big deal in the slightest..." at which point he responded saying "you've never been in a firefight, I have!"..... instead of explaining himself like an adult, he basically shoves me to the side like he's a king or something... *sigh*.... ok rant over

Creatism

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Arlington
    I lost complete respect for him in "all guns should be glocks and all glocks should be 9mm".
    That is very narrow minded thinking for someone who claims to be a "trainer".

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Cross exposure= more $$$$ for errybody.

Don't really care as when I think of people and serious training, their names never came to mind anyway.

There is a surplus of instructors out there who are teaching "real life" or "combat" shit they made up in their heads.

Eventually, the cream will rise to the top.

Yeah, I can agree with all that.

Wow, I'll have to check it out when I get home...

Cliff notes: Yeager had the car in neutral with the parking brake engaged. When the shooting started, he stalled the car, then ran for the ditch, leaving wounded men laying in the road and still under fire. He proceeded to blame the whole shootout on guys who were (some say conveniently) dead and unable to defend themselves.

Yeager was never military; he went contractor for a short time after being a cop...

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I read through that document. I thought maybe I misread some information, so I read it again. But that's certainly what it seems like.

That really is just downright shameful to say the least.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I read through that document. I thought maybe I misread some information, so I read it again. But that's certainly what it seems like.

That really is just downright shameful to say the least.

And to top it off, he said something along the lines of "I was the only one providing effective return fire." :/

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Couldn't take more than 45 seconds of that faggotry.

The Gun Community's fascination with "celebrity" trainers is truly amusing.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Couldn't take more than 45 seconds of that faggotry.

The Gun Community's fascination with "celebrity" trainers is truly amusing.

+1, I did get a kick out of watching the art of the tactical carbine video a buddy had but I wouldn't pay the $30 or $40 they want for the dvd and I sure as hell wouldn't pay the $5,000 or so to take one of the classes.

Top Bottom