• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Today they released the report on the CIA and how they waterboard (torture) people etc:

This report does NOTHING for the US and only emboldens our enemies propaganda machine.

While I do not in any way support torture, the fact is: No one has died, spilled blood, broken bones or suffered any long term physical or mental damage from waterboarding!!!!

Our POTUS and our govt has the ultimate mission of defending these shores at ALL COSTS. NOTHING should get in the way of that. Do we need to torture anyone to achieve these ends. I don't think so and would be 99.99% opposed to do so. That said there is the .01% in me that sez we will do what must be done to insure the safety of our country and its people. Therefore it becomes situational.

Allow me an example: We have captured a cell of 8 members. They have planted a nuclear device in a major city in the US, this has been confirmed. It is set to go off on 9/11/xx, this has been confirmed, the bomb is 23x times larger than the bomb exploded in Japan WWII, this has been confirmed. It was a stolen bomb from the Ruskys and a Russian scientist that turned. Its now the 6/11 and we do not know the city or time of day. The head of the CIA and Co SOCOM briefed nothing has broken the cell members lose, we need to raise the ante the stakes and as many as 20 Million American civillian lives are at risk, along with our entire financial system and our govt.

I tell the 2 men to make recommendations on how to extract the information. The SOCOM Co says, he wants to take them up in a helicopter cuffed at feet and hands and pick the one he thinks has the least knowledge. After a talk about talk or face Allah, he uncuffs feet and hands, asks him if he can fly and puts a boot in his azz as he shoves him out the door over a pig farm.

What do we do?

1) Tell SOCOM Co that this is wrong and their lives are worth more than 20 M Americans

2) Tell him make sure no pigs are injured

3) Ask for a study on his chances of flying by flapping his arms

4) Your suggestion is:

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I heard Bob Beckel a so-called Democrat last night and just shook my head. But OK if that was your thoughts then by all means YES let's do it. He said water boarding Terrorists was inhumane and he stated KILLING them was a better option. Alrighty then let's get this going BOB....

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    While I do not in any way support torture, the fact is: No one has died, spilled blood, broken bones or suffered any long term physical or mental damage from waterboarding!!!!

I mostly agree with you. There are times when you just have to do what you have to do. However, the only thing I don't agree with is the mental damage part. I'm sure that someone of a weaker resolve could be haunted by it for the rest of their life. As for the death part, I don't know, and I don't think we'll ever truly know. But like I said, there are times where you just have to do what you have to do.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't like McCain at all, but he has a unique perspective on this as a POW himself.

I am also against how gleeful so many are over this report.
    The people that are happy about it are part of the "blame Bush" crowd. The line that this report will cause the loss of life is a bunch of BS. The people that will try to use this against us don't need any reason to kill us. Aside from the political timing of this report (Gruber who?), there is nothing wrong with releasing it. We shouldn't do things that we don't want exposed later.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I mostly agree with you. There are times when you just have to do what you have to do. However, the only thing I don't agree with is the mental damage part. I'm sure that someone of a weaker resolve could be haunted by it for the rest of their life. As for the death part, I don't know, and I don't think we'll ever truly know. But like I said, there are times where you just have to do what you have to do.

If they plot to kill Americans, I don't care about their mental health. If we can save lives by dragging info out of 'em, then drag it out!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Ole cowboy I love yo sense of humor. Im scrolling and see fine tune
    Made me laugh till I had tears
    You I like

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Torture is s funny thing.

It could get info tgT wouldn't otherwise have been given, or it can get a person with no knowledge to say whatever he/she thinks will make it stop.

What's worrisome about it, is that the gov doesn't have a great track record of making sure they have the right guy. More likely to cast a net and drag'em.

How many innocents being tortured equal the one bad guy that gets sifted out.

On the other hand, if someone is involved in putting the plan to get people killed in to action I don't have much sympathy. I just have reservations in the govs ability to distinguish between that guy and a random goat farmer.

Hell, I don't trust their ability to get the right Americans, much less anyone else.

Feinstein is a lying pig and her speech carries no weight with me. I'd have to see anything she said from the actual source. She has shown her ability to twist and ignore facts in order to push her political agenda.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Im with vaq on this. I try hard to be a child of GOD. He says love the sinner but hate the sin.
    But nowhere in the bible did he say be a fool. Nor did he say you can't defend your self.
    If you are trying to hurt me or mine (ie the U.S) you gets no break from me.
    I just don't understand why we feel like we can negotiate with people who don't give a rat's Crack about us. I don't care how you got this way. I care less about how you lost your dog.

I don't care about what happened to get you started, you always had a choice, (good or evil)
    You made the decision. So now you do evil, with no quarter. You get none from me.
    Sorry im feeling a little base. I'm just tired. In some cases I would rather be feared than liked

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    She had to release it before the new congress takes over and she loses her seat as chairman of the committee because it wouldn't get released then. Politics pure and simple plus the fact that most of the demoncrats seem to be anti-american anyway.

I wonder how much of that was classified and if she had authority to declassify it.
    Our intelligence organizations should refuse to give anything to any committee that has her on it going forward and they can cite her divulgence of classified material in the past.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    and the plot thickens. You MIGHT want to substitute the word America for Europe ...

Report: Islamic State Claims ‘Radioactive Device’ Now in Europe
    Freelance jihadist weapons maker makes claim on Twitter

BY: Adam Kredo Follow @Kredo0
    December 8, 2014 4:35 pm

An alleged weapons maker for the Islamic State (IS) claimed that a “radioactive device” has been smuggled into an undisclosed location in Europe, according to an intelligence brief released Monday by the SITE Intelligence Group.

“A Radioactive Device has entered somewhere in Europe,” according Twitter user Muslim-Al-Britani, who claims to be a freelance jihadist weapons maker now working alongside IS (also known as ISIL or ISIS), according to tweets captured and disseminated by SITE.

BREAKING NEWS# WARNING A Radioactive Device has entered somewhere in Europe. pic.twitter.com/9GKHjz7ugs

— Muslim-Al-Britani (@TNTmuslim) December 6, 2014

The claim by Al-Britani comes just days after reports emerged that IS could have in its possession a dirty bomb, the elements of which were obtained via earlier IS raids on a university research facility in Mosul that contained uranium. Al-Britani is also responsible for the flurry of reports on the dirty bomb.

Al-Britani, who has disseminated on his Twitter feed “weapon instructions and manuals,” claimed on Nov. 23 that the “Islamic State does have a dirty bomb. We found some radioactive material from Mosul university,” according to the tweets reproduced by SITE.

While it is difficult to assess the veracity of Al-Britani’s claims, U.S. officials have expressed concern about IS potentially smuggling nuclear and radioactive material out of Iraq.

U.S. and Iraqi officials inked a pact in September meant to step up efforts to combat this type of smuggling, which the United States deemed a “critical” threat.

“There’s always a concern about radiological or radioactive sources,” a State Department official told the Washington Free Beacon at the time.

While the United States, at that time, was “not aware of any cases of these types of material being smuggled out of the country thus far,” ISIL could potentially use these radioactive materials to create a crude bomb, the official said.

“This is the kind of thing where if ISIL got its hands on enough radioactive sources or radioactive sources of a sufficient radioactivity level and they decided to turn it into a bomb and blow it up in a market, that would be a very unpleasant thing,” the official said.

Iraq reportedly informed the United Nations in July that terrorists had seized nuclear materials being housed at Mosul University. Some 90 pounds of uranium were said to have been stolen, according to reports.

Former Pentagon adviser Michael Rubin said that intelligence officials should be considering the information disseminated by purported IS confidants.

“Too often, counterterrorism officials plan to prevent replication of the last terror attack,” Rubin said. “Terror groups, however, plan to shock with something new.”

“Maybe Britani is lying, and maybe he’s not. But Western officials would be foolish to assume that just because something hasn’t happened yet, it won’t,” Rubin said. “The terrorist groups have the motivation and, thanks to post-withdrawal vacuum created in Iraq, the means to strike the West like never before.”

The threats also should factor into the ongoing debates about border control, according to Rubin.

“Perhaps it’s also time to recognize that open borders and successful counter-terrorism are mutually exclusive,” he said. “It’s a lesson that might fly in the face of Obama’s ideology, but reality will always trump political spin.”

Top Bottom