• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    You can bring your own drinks to Club Humidor and Fincks but none sell them. There are often several people with high dollar scotch, etc.

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    I may have to find one of these Humidors in San Antonio. Maybe I will go Monday after I take my stupid nicotine test for my health insurance. That would be a good way to celebrate. :)

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Either of you, feel free to message me if you're looking for a cigar partner. Haven't had a regular group since we moved to San Antonio and I'd like to get one going again.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Helotes. Fincks on Bandera is very nice. However, I work near midtown and often go to the Club Humidor locations on San Pedro and Huebner. Let me know which works for you.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Sounds like fincks is your place. I'm around this weekend so let me know and we can meet up there.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    "I have never smoked a cigar but ive been curious. Wheres a good place to start learning?"

Most of the people who work at the stores I mentioned are pretty helpful when it comes to discussing the merits of the different ways of cutting cigars (v-cut, straight cut, etc.). They can tell you all about the different lighters, how to light a cigar without burning it (makes it bitter), etc. But experience with different cigars is the only real way to discover what works for you.

Brands that appeal to me include Kristoff (GC and maduro), Camacho (Triple-Maduro and Diploma), and Jaime Garcia (My Father).

You're also welcome to meet up with me at any of the cigar bars in the area. I don't go too often but there are almost always people there to meet up with. Many bring great drinks and are good company. In that regard, Fincks on Bandera is the easiest to navigate.

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    I have never smoked a cigar but ive been curious. Wheres a good place to start learning?

I like Monte Cristo's and generally am a fan of robusto style cigars. It is all about learning what you like and trying different stuff. I spent some time in Puerto Rico this summer learned a lot. I specifically learned that I will probably buy cigars there and bring them back more often as cigars brought into the US get treated in the US to prevent insects and such. Some people become brand snobs and will only smoke Macanudo or Cohiba because every a-hole knows the name Cohiba. They are good, but in my opinion you are paying a lot for the name too.

Anyone want to go to Fincks in Helotes next weekend, Friday or Saturday?

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Friday after work or Saturday midday work for me. Let's hear from some others and get a TGT meetup going

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    It's not only allowed, it's greatly appreciated. LOL. Looking forward to meeting you.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Cool. I'll bring it along, just need to know what time to be there! And I don't have glasses - Are there any available at the place, or is someone else able to bring a few?

Just waiting on a date and time to put in the calendar!

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    I can bring a nice single barrel rum, I am not a scotch drinker. I have to go to Denver in a few weeks and will bring back some of the best bourbon I have ever had. Maybe we could enjoy that at a future outing.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    I believe they can supply glasses but will verify Monday. I have some Red Breast whiskey to bring along as well.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I believe they can supply glasses but will verify Monday. I have some Red Breast whiskey to bring along as well.
    If you will start a thread on this you might pull in some others in the SA area. I would like to get back to smoking a good cigar with friends again.

I have been smoking cigars since my daddy gave me a handful of Cuban's when I was a kid. I have smoked off and on, all my life. I have a bag full Cuban's out in the freezer. My smoking buddy quit (but he inhaled). Plus I have some left over from our overseas travel, the wife can bring them in on her passport.

Be nice to do this...

Top Bottom