Cimarron vs. Taylor's

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Peter M. Eick, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Peter M. Eick

Peter M. Eick Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    Is it worth it to drive over to Texas Jacks and pick up a Cimarron Uberti or should I order it from Taylor's and get it cheaper?

I am looking at an steel framed Henry 1860 for fun and just trying to figure out if the extra expense of Cimarron is worth it.

There would be the fun of buying it from the importer so to speak.

2. Jonah

Jonah New Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Bluffton, Texas
    Henry

Uberti makes both guns. I'd order from Taylors and save a little money.

How is you Pro2000 working? Got to 200K yet? If you ever want to get rid of any of your excess APS primer strips, let me know. ljr@281.com

3. Peter M. Eick

Peter M. Eick Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    193,831 as of this morning.

I am gearing up to load 9mm so that will be good for another 2000 odd rounds of 115 grn JHP's and then hit some 38 specials loaded to 38/44 ammo levels for another 2000 rnds.

I was looking at those strips this morning. I figured I would hang onto them for a while until I made my next primer order and got some more new ones. I will probably order up another 30,000 primers later this summer. If so I will post that I have strips to give away.

Take care.

4. I have a Cimarron pistol, and so far I haven't had any trouble, but then it hasn't been fired very much. I have heard so many horror stories about Cimarron's Customer Service that I will never get another one. I'd go with Taylors. Haven't heard anything bad about them.

5. Nate C

Nate C Active Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    What kind of horror stories? I was recently looking into some Cimarron products, but don't know any of their history. I thought all of their stuff was by Uberti.

6. One guy wrote that his front sight fell off and Cimarron charged him for putting one back on. Somehow the warranty didn't cover this. That really sucks for Customer Service.