• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Figured we could use another good police story to counter the negative ones people love to dig up.

Neighbors say SAPD officer was in the right to shoot a man | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos

SAN ANTONIO --Residents of a west side apartment complex tell KENS 5 exactly what they heard when a San Antonio Police officer shot a man early Saturday morning on the grounds.
    Many of these residents said the officer did the right by shooting the man who police said refused to put his gun down.
    Jean Kutzer had no idea that the very police officer he walked past at his apartment complex early Saturday morning would later be involved in an unfortunate situation.
    “I went into my apartment, watched TV, and within five minutes I heard a gunshot,” Kutzer said.
    The San Antonio Police Department said an officer responded to several calls about a prowler at an apartment complex on the 1400 block of Cable Ranch Road.
    The unidentified officer approached three individuals and noticed one of them carried a gun. He then ordered them all to the ground. That is when police said Stephen Urrugia, 19, reached for his gun. The gesture prompted the officer to fire.
    “All we could hear is cops yelling to get on the ground, get on the ground. Within two minutes at least 20 cops were here,” Kutzer said.
    Urrugia, who was shot in the chest, was rushed to a hospital. Doctors expect him to survive his injuries.
    Kutzer supports the three year veteran officer’s action.
    "He’s in the line of duty trying to protect us the citizens. So it’s sad it had to come to that point, it’s better than him getting killed,” Kutzer said.
    Urrugia was arrested and faces a charge of aggravated assault on a public servant. His bond is set at $150,000.
    The officer, who was not injured in this event, has been placed on administrative duty pending the results of the investigation.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Saw this, and was happy to see folks supporting the SAPD in doing their duty!

I hope the officer returns to patrol as soon as possible!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom