• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ragu3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    New Berlin Tx
    Hello newbee here, has anyone used the Shooters Depot products from Corpus Christi? If so did you have any trouble with paper work on your local level? I am having a terrible time and cant seem to get help or straight answers, everyone I turned to keeps stonewalling me on the legalities of it all, ignorance is bliss, perhaps I need a lawyer??? any advice would help-rob
    Hurley's Gold

ragu3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    New Berlin Tx
    issues!!

It seams that I cant get the local sherrif,D.A.,Chief of Police,etc to sign my paper work. All state that these weapons are not allowed in the county or that they dont go against the sherrifs decision. Now with that said, I called the NFA and asked for help and was told this matter is not their area and that I need to resolve it on my own. The areas legal council wont touch the issue either, not that I need anymore ignorant input, so here I am with my pistol and suppressor being held hostage by the manufacturer until I resolve the issue. No refund on items special built. I never in a million years expected to be denied ownership due to this,after all criminals dont register, nor worry about paying taxes right? I guess my question here is has anyone had trouble localy with signatures? -Rob

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Been there done that.You might consider moving.You need to try and get your money back or arrange them to resell it for you.I used to live in San Diego and went thru what you did.Could not get any signatures from anyone.Luckily I did not pay for the weapon.I moved back to El Paso,Texas and had no problems getting the required signatures.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Our Sheriff in Houston will not sign for his own deputies to get a suppressor. This is a fairly common issue in the NFA world.

Many folks will use an existing corporation or trust to hold the item. More than one person I know has formed a corporation or trust just to purchase NFA items. This removes the LEO signature and the person recieving the item still recieves the full federal background check from ATF.

Call Rob at Talon Arms and he would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Chris

retrodog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Houston/Galveston TX
    It seams that I cant get the local sherrif,D.A.,Chief of Police,etc to sign my paper work. All state that these weapons are not allowed in the county or that they dont go against the sherrifs decision. Now with that said, I called the NFA and asked for help and was told this matter is not their area and that I need to resolve it on my own. The areas legal council wont touch the issue either, not that I need anymore ignorant input, so here I am with my pistol and suppressor being held hostage by the manufacturer until I resolve the issue. No refund on items special built. I never in a million years expected to be denied ownership due to this,after all criminals dont register, nor worry about paying taxes right? I guess my question here is has anyone had trouble localy with signatures? -Rob
    You LEOs are being jack-arses. Ok, maybe not necessarily jack-arses but they're being very stupid. The paperwork that they need to sign just states that they know of no reason why you should not have the weapon. So just start up your own trust. I've had the Harris County Sheriff's rep (Major Edward Oliver) sign for my SBRs and MG sear, but as stated previously... he will not sign for a supressor. So I'll be starting a trust when I order one of those.

Going the "trust" route will also negate the need for fingerprint cards. You can learn a hell of a lot about starting a trust and other NFA FAQs over on the ar15.com NFA section. Good luck with your toy acquisition.

ragu3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    New Berlin Tx
    political ignorance

I want to thank you all that responded with info, the whole issue seems to have confirmed what I was thinking. I suppose I will have to look into a trust since I dont know much about it this could take more time. Thanx -Rob

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Sounds like you need a trust, just because the fedgov has graciously "allowed" you the "privilege" of paying them to own a NFA device - the local LEO's can and sometimes do behave like rectal headpeices......

Anyway, if they will not sign - just go over their head and get a trust or corp. - will cut the need for the fingerprints anyway, one less flaming hoop you have to jump through.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, FWIW the LEO's here have been good about signing off on any NFA device.

Top Bottom