• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many posts should be required to post a classified ad?

Votes: 2 4.9%

Votes: 7 17.1%

Votes: 13 31.7%

Votes: 14 34.1%
    • 50, or more.

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I don't think a post count means anything. We're pretty good at sniffing out the trolls and exposing them. I prefer FTF and like Okie, if the guy makes me feel less than comfortable, I can and have pulled the plug on the deal. It's business.
    ARJ Defense ad

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    While I agree that "Post whores" can crank out the post in a short amount of time, I still would like to see 15-25 post from someone..I personally go and check to see what people post before contacting them about something they have for sale. Similar to ebay, I always look at there feedback, and not just the % I go and see why they are at 97.2% before I hand them my time... Just my .02

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I like the x number of posts AND x number of months idea. There are some people who post here that I would have to get an AMAZING deal to buy from. I like having to have seen some of their posts before they can offer to sell.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Okay...I'd like a couple of other requirements - location AND freakin' price! I'm fed up with the "best offer" crap. This ain't eBay or Gunbroker. Put up a price and the city in which you are located, or the listing gets deleted.

PLEASE!!!!!

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Okay...I'd like a couple of other requirements - location AND freakin' price! I'm fed up with the "best offer" crap. This ain't eBay or Gunbroker. Put up a price and the city in which you are located, or the listing gets deleted.

PLEASE!!!!!

Agreed. This should be an absolute requirement on all For Sale listings.

Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown

PLEASE!!!!!

I tend to agree with this. Location seems to be the biggest issue with making a deal with someone.
    If the location is listed it can save a lot of wasted emails.

Someone said something about a small charge for the classified.
    That would cut down on the fly by sellers, but it will also cut the number of new members down also.
    I found this site through a classified search.
    After going through the sells and buys, in the "free classified"
    I found it was a pretty good site, and decided to stay. turned out to be a good choice on my part.
    I wont lie, I signed up for the classified, but after being here I have learned stuff about guns I didn't know, I didn't know.
    And I thank yall for that.

Just my thoughts.

By the way, I checked 25.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas

PLEASE!!!!!

Can I forth this?

Hell maybe we need to have a classified rules thread and you cant post in the classified until you post that you read the thread. I would even be willing to document the rules if needed.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Obviously a post count and all that good jazz ups the chance of getting to know someone. My opinion is there is no fail safe way. Ive seen it
    where its just basically, buyer beware. Not the best approach, but ultimately thats what will have the last say so. If you have doubts for
    any reason on a ftf buy, you wont go through with it. And I know that I cant part with a lot of money using the honor system to someone
    I just dont know. (Right now, I dont have that much to risk it. lol) Thats a risk I am really iffy about taking. Plus if you make the post count
    really high, it ups the chance for an increase of pm's/emails to the staff asking why cant they post in the classifieds. We all know there are a lot
    of people who would rather ask than take the time to read a stickied thread giving the explanation.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Didn't take long for this thread to go down another road, haha. No chickens please, live or otherwise.

I was on an Army helicopter forum and we were talking about the Main Rotor blades on the OH-58 and on the 3rd page they were already talking about panties. :confused:

woodwzrd1010

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    irving tx
    I think what you have is good. I see nothing wrong with people want to get right to selling, that is how I have met many good people and got some good buys and trades on many other sites.

Top Bottom