• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    so, ive had a claymore hitch cover on my truck for a long time.

Texas-- This item is prohibited under Texas 46, Penal Code Paragraphs Sec 46.01 and 46.08.

this used to be part of a disclaimer on the vendors website. which is now, no longer on there, its been redacted.

Claymore Mine Hitch Cover

uh, is it illegal or not? ive been driving around with it and havent been stopped, but that doesnt mean theyve noticed it.

on the sides of the claymore, it says in a huge red stamp, "replica" on both sides.
    Capitol Armory ad

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Here ya go:

Sec. 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:

(13) "Hoax bomb" means a device that:
    (A) reasonably appears to be an explosive or incendiary device; or
    (B) by its design causes alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or a volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.

Sec. 46.08. HOAX BOMBS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:
    (1) make another believe that the hoax bomb is an explosive or incendiary device; or
    (2) cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.
    (b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

Added by Acts 1983, 68th Leg., p. 4831, ch. 852, Sec. 3, eff. Sept. 1, 1983. Renumbered from Penal Code Sec. 46.09 by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    yeah, i read those sections. im still confused. the use of the word hoax bomb, makes it seem like it is. but the other parts, seems like id be good, especially since the tx portion of the disclaimer on the vendor site is redacted and the other states are still up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Think about all those inert grenades people have on their desks with the "complaint department, take a number" signs. I think more so geared to intentionally cause alarm...such as walking around the park or creating something to cause alarm intentionally. I wouldn't cause alarm to me, but would be a good conversation starter.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    your intent is not to make anyonne believe its real cause you got replica stamped on both sides and your intent is not to cause alarm or reaction by a public agency. Doesn't seem to me that your breaking anylaws.

Just dont set it up in the park with a couple wires and a clicker and you should be fine. Lol

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Just get one of these:

d2_2.jpg

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    OH HELL BATMAN! Did you pay $50 bucks for it? Nice conversation piece, but that's too a pricey convo for me I suppose.
    Maybe im just too broke. lol

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    yeah, i bought it from the site linked. i had to have one, i bought something else from them, dont remember what probably scope rings or something. it came with an az terrorist hunting permit sticker, a company logo sticker and probably something else. larue has to be the best when it comes to free stuff though. free dry rub, armadillo bottle opener, 2nd amendment pamphlet, two bumper stickers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom