• ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    First paragraph of the release I received from the CMP tonight:
    "The NRA Competitions Division has advised the CMP that this year's NRA Pistol Championships will be NRA's final competition at Camp Perry, Ohio. The decision to move all NRA championships to Atterbury, Indiana, is a business decision made solely by the NRA. The NRA believes this move will better position it to focus on the continuing battle to protect this country's Second Amendment rights."

And this from the Ass ociated press:
    "INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Gov. Eric Holcomb says the Indiana National Guard's Camp Atterbury training base will become the site of the National Rifle Association's new National Marksmanship Competition Center.

The Republican governor announced Friday during the NRA's annual meeting in Indianapolis the new center will deliver economic benefits to central Indiana and provide "safety, training and competition opportunities for thousands of citizens, law enforcement and military personnel."

As a part of a 10-year agreement, the NRA's competitive shooting division will bring national and regional competitions as well as firearms training and safety courses to Camp Atterbury, starting in 2020."

I guess Camp Perry in Ohio just wasn't modern enough or maybe being affiliated with the CMP wasn't sitting well with Mr. LaPierre. LaPierre needs to go and I guess at the NRA convention he said he wouldn't no matter what the Board or it's members had to say. Or so I heard.
    Gun Zone Deals

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Moves away from Camp Perry have been in the works for years. I lost track of all the politics several years ago but I'm sure no one who's involved in those competitions is surprised.

Top Bottom