ARJ Defense ad

Cobra on the loose in Grand Prairie. Not the ford kind.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    There are more tigers in captivity in Texas than there are in the wild in the rest of the world.

Same for the Blackbuck antelope.
    It is really quite amazing what animals are out there.
    Many years ago I worked as a metal building construction/weldor.
    The Boss often times picked up extra work on ranches around south Texas repairing gates, cattle guards, etc.
    On one job out at a ranch south of San Antonio we had to repair some very heavy duty fencing made from 2" pipe. The rancher had a frickin rhino inside the enclosure. The beastie would come over while we were working on the fence. It never acted aggressive. The owner showed us how to feed it cabbages. LOL.
    I always thought how cool is that but I sure didn't want to get too close to that thing.
    Lynx Defense

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The Boss often times picked up extra work on ranches around south Texas repairing gates, cattle guards, etc.
    On one job out at a ranch south of San Antonio we had to repair some very heavy duty fencing made from 2" pipe. The rancher had a frickin rhino inside the enclosure. The beastie would come over while we were working on the fence. It never acted aggressive. The owner showed us how to feed it cabbages. LOL.
    I always thought how cool is that but I sure didn't want to get too close to that thing.
    I see black bucks all the time, but usually they are behind fences. I had a buck cross the highway in front of me on Tues, just outside of town while I was still under 40, then turn and pace me for about 200 yds. Axis, fallow, ibex, black bucks, they are everywhere.

Too many RINOS in Washington, we should sent RHINOS to replace them... failing that, WINOS could hardly be worse, but they would probably be Democrats, so nevermind...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The new owners of the Y.O. Headquarters are international hunters. Years back they were talking about bringing African elephants to the ranch for conservation. I do not believe it happened!

The Professional Hunter that I was closest with father in law had been into white rhino restoration in the Northern Provanece of RSA. During WWII the property was a POW camp. The fencing and post were from then. They were devoid of razor wire/ barbed wire but were crazy high, at least 12 foot. What kept the rhino contained were the electric fence. They also had high up electric for the giraffes.

When they bought another 30K hectare of land they talked about elephants. Seems elephants are the preferred way to clear land.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    There's a pet store near us that specializes in the exotic stuff - they keep a bunch for display, some for sale. They have all manner of native venomous snakes - your copperheads, moccasins, a bunch of rattlesnake varieties (some BIG frickin rattlers too) - you can buy most of those snakes. Then there's the imports - a bunch of nasty, highly highly venomous stuff like Rino Vipers, Gaboon vipers - and they keep two king cobras - big bastards! I guess they occasionally bring them out of the cages to display - seems kind of dangerous to me in a fairly small store but what do I know.

I do know that I don't want a hurricane, tornado, or drunk jackass in an F250 wrecking the building and letting those things escape - they seem to take specialty in breeding pairs of snakes - they don't just have one of everything. I dunno if the surprise of seeing a goddamned king cobra in the wild here would kill me from a heart attack first, or getting bit by the bastard would. We've got a warm enough climate and all manner of critters for them to eat - it wouldn't be rosy.

APP6pXw.jpg

f6gOIoJ.jpg

zMOa85S.jpg

c6zlrO4.jpg

Vxj84YZ.jpg

CZpDdpw.jpg

Dk7bgHZ.jpg

CuDRCBW.jpg

8rMW7OH.jpg

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    There's a pet store near us that specializes in the exotic stuff - they keep a bunch for display, some for sale. They have all manner of native venomous snakes - your copperheads, moccasins, a bunch of rattlesnake varieties (some BIG frickin rattlers too) - you can buy most of those snakes. Then there's the imports - a bunch of nasty, highly highly venomous stuff like Rino Vipers, Gaboon vipers - and they keep two king cobras - big bastards! I guess they occasionally bring them out of the cages to display - seems kind of dangerous to me in a fairly small store but what do I know.

I do know that I don't want a hurricane, tornado, or drunk jackass in an F250 wrecking the building and letting those things escape - they seem to take specialty in breeding pairs of snakes - they don't just have one of everything. I dunno if the surprise of seeing a goddamned king cobra in the wild here would kill me from a heart attack first, or getting bit by the bastard would. We've got a warm enough climate and all manner of critters for them to eat - it wouldn't be rosy.

Where is this ? My gf would definitely be into this she loves snakes.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Gaboon and Rhino vipers are beautiful snakes. That being said, I’m not into keeping venomous species I know of several breeders of big pythons and venomous snakes in the Houston/Southeast Texas area, so some of y’all may be neighbors with someone who is keeping or breeding these animals, and may not even know it! I’m sure my neighbors have no idea I have several pythons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom