• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I once had a conversation with a 1980's era cold war intelligence agent. It was known that the then powerful Soviet Union had contingency plans to invade the USA. The Russians felt confident that they could defeat our then military. What kept this from becoming a viable option was and I quote what a soviet spy told him "You Americans have too many $%#@ing guns". Yes, they were more afraid of American citizens than the US military. I have always been glad he shared this with me. Gives me a deeper meaning of how brilliant our fore fathers were and the importance of never forgetting what it means to be free and what it takes to stay that way.
    Target Sports

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Wolverines!

And TR can provide 1911s for the entire TGT outfit!

Sent from the mind of a genius. Forrealz.

tmann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2012
    North Texas
    I once had a conversation with a 1980's era cold war intelligence agent. It was known that the then powerful Soviet Union had contingency plans to invade the USA. The Russians felt confident that they could defeat our then military. What kept this from becoming a viable option was and I quote what a soviet spy told him "You Americans have too many $%#@ing guns". Yes, they were more afraid of American citizens than the US military. I have always been glad he shared this with me. Gives me a deeper meaning of how brilliant our fore fathers were and the importance of never forgetting what it means to be free and what it takes to stay that way.

Thanks for sharing!

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Yeah I couldn't imagine what an insurrection would look like here with most everyone highly educated it would be a thorny game indeed.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Think about it. How would the Ruskies invade? Their navy was not as potent as ours. There troop ships were not very plentiful. The logistics alone would stop them. I call BS. Not on the OP but on the 007 who told him this.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Think about it. How would the Ruskies invade? Their navy was not as potent as ours. There troop ships were not very plentiful. The logistics alone would stop them. I call BS. Not on the OP but on the 007 who told him this.

You failed to take into account the soviet mindset. This is a military that put machine guns behind the advancing troops to keep them advancing. The soviet military would take recruits from one ethnic area and put them into another ethnic area so that they would have no issue with putting down civil disobedience. They would have use wooden row boats if they figured a percentage would get through.... What they lack in quality they would try to overcome with quantity.

Top Bottom