• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The last couple of months, I've purchased a 3-9x40mm nikon Buckmaster BCD reticle and a 2-7x33mm Redfield revolution with the accureticle.

I really wanted to a light scope to put on my AR-15 and to put the 2-9 on my deer rifle. When I first started looking at scopes, both the Nikon and the refield seemed to be similarly priced options.

I bought the Nikon on Midway on sale for about $190 plus shipping. Plus Nikon was running a $30 mail in rebate, which I received a few weeks ago. Another 10% off with an online coupon (which almost covers shipping). I think I was out the door for $165. While I wasn't looking for the BCD reticle, it ended up being quite a bit cheaper. and I like the way it looks now that it sits atop my rifle. I don't actually plan on using for super long rang . . . . The scope itself feels well made. No marks on it. I've never handled a real high dollar scope, and I think I would like to have one some day. But I think this will do very nicely. The glass itself is very clear. The dials are crisp and doesn't require a penny. My only realy complain is that the scope is kind of on the large/heavy side. Its not a huge scope, but its pretty big. It comes with a scope bikini. I might replace these, I might not.

The Redfield is also very nice. While this scope was gift to me, The 2-7 runs around $120. The accu reticle is another ten dollars or so. I'm not a big fan of this particular reticle, but it will do just fine. There were a couple of scuff marks on the scope. They weren't big and I had to look hard for them. The quality feels very good, though maybe a quarter notch below the Nikon. . . .if that. The glass seems very clear. The dials are are crisp. It didn't come with any kind of scope cover.

I havn't got the redfield on a rifle yet. I'll let you know it shoots.

Both scopes are guarenteed waterproof, shockproof, and fogproof. As of right now, I like both scopes, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy either again.
    Texas SOT

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    A few years ago, I picked up a Nikon Buckmaster, only because I got such a good price on it and I knew I could find a rifle to put it on. I ended up mounting it on a Savage 10fp as a temporary scope until I got something better... Well, several years and a few thousand rounds later, it's still there. I just can't find any reason to replace it. This rifle goes to 1000 yards nearly once a week and gets krylon camo'd, banged around, drug through the mud, shot in the rain, etc. That Nikon Buckmaster is still going strong and by far the best value on any optic I've ever had. It's a hell of a scope for the price. I recommend them to everyone.

Top Bottom