DK Firearms

Concealed Carrier Rushes Into The Fray - Gunned Down After Preventing Further Casualties

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    It is wrong coming from a civilian Police Force.
    In some people's opinion, it may be wrong and offend them to call them civilians, though by definition, they are.
    In some other people's opinion, them being either police, civilian, or having been both, there is nothing wrong with that use of the term...kinda like a lot of other things here...we get to have our opinion, but not control others'.

Both military and police people often refer to clothes not their uniform as being "civvies"...no offense meant and I've never seen anyone take offense...but then I haven't seen everyone.

As if we didn't have enough to pooch our lips out at already.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    In some people's opinion, it may be wrong and offend them to call them civilians, though by definition, they are.
    In some other people's opinion, them being either police, civilian, or having been both, there is nothing wrong with that use of the term...kinda like a lot of other things here...we get to have our opinion, but not control others'.

Both military and police people often refer to clothes not their uniform as being "civvies"...no offense meant and I've never seen anyone take offense...but then I haven't seen everyone.

As if we didn't have enough to pooch our lips out at already.
    Try “citizen” instead.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Try “citizen” instead.
    That might express what one means in some instances, but does not put a difference between one in the military or an LEO and one who is not...which is a different word...civilian. Both are expressive of thoughts...just different thoughts.

My final offering on the matter...a GREAT NUMBER of those who are not either in the military, the police, or a "belligerant group"...are NOT citizens...but they ARE civilians.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom