• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Since The First United Methodist Church in Conroe,TX is the only Church in Montgomery County that posts 30.06 signs at it's entrances. One can imply that it must be the most dangerous church in Conroe,TX? Thoughts?

I don't think one can infer that at all.

Or are YOU saying that you believe that since they do not want anyone to carry, it becomes more dangerous than other churches? Also, define danger. In what sense is it dangerous?
    Lynx Defense

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Since The First United Methodist Church in Conroe,TX is the only Church in Montgomery County that posts 30.06 signs at it's entrances. One can imply that it must be the most dangerous church in Conroe,TX? Thoughts?
    If some nut case in Montgomery County decides that churches are the work of the devil, and he must stop them by killing as many devil worshipers as he can in a church--without being killed himself, since he has much work to do--then he will almost certainly select that church. At that point, it will be the most dangerous church in the county.

Seadog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    Sorry, because what I'm going to say is maybe off topic for this particular thread but it does apply to the idea that some people have about guns seeming to be the cause of evil or murders rather than just the chosen implement of the moment.

A couple weeks ago I was messaging back and forth with someone from elementary school, and it had been MANY years since we knew each other there. I commented that if I lived in Colorado and was a voter in one of the districts where legislators were subject to the recall election, that I would definitely vote to recall them. "Why would you do that?!", they asked ..............."Because I don't like elected officials trying to take away-reduce-water down my constitutional rights under the 2nd Amendment". Their reply - "You've really changed a lot since the 5th grade!"

At first I thought it was a little humorous, and I responded with "That's odd, I don't remember us exchanging our views on the 2nd Amendment when we were in the 5th grade. In fact, I don't think I even knew which amendment was which!" But then it dawned on me - this person believes that our "natural" viewpoint would be to think of guns as wrong or evil, or at least ownership by average citizens is wrong or evil! In other words, in the 5th grade we would have just naturally seen guns and gun ownership as wrong-evil-bad! Further, they thought I must have undergone some sort of negative change from normal to become someone who owns a gun!!

Okay, so for what it's worth this experience gave me some incite to the way anti gun folks think, and this person definitely believes that the entire U.S. should be a gun free zone.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I don't think one can infer that at all.

Or are YOU saying that you believe that since they do not want anyone to carry, it becomes more dangerous than other churches? Also, define danger. In what sense is it dangerous?

My motive was to draw attention to the only church (First United Methodist Church in Conroe) in Montgomery that posts a 30.06 sign. Now if you do a search of churches in Montgomery County, that church will get flagged for having a 30.06 sign. Helps folks decide where they choose to worship safely.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I avoid churches like the plague but if I went to church, I would carry my piece. The risk is greatest in "Gun Free Zones".

Flash

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Seems that the DPS needs to update their FAQ section for CHL. It still reads that churches are off limits.
    Yes. §46.035, Texas Penal Code prohibits carrying of handguns and other weapons in certain places. These include but are not limited to:
    • On the premises of a business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption
    • On the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting or interscholastic event is taking place
    • On the premises of a correctional facility
    • On the premises of a hospital or nursing home (unless licensee has written authorization)
    • In an amusement park
    • On the premises of a church, synagogue, or other place of worship
    • At any meeting of a governmental entity

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Seems that the DPS needs to update their FAQ section for CHL. It still reads that churches are off limits.
    Yes. §46.035, Texas Penal Code prohibits carrying of handguns and other weapons in certain places. These include but are not limited to:
    • On the premises of a business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption
    • On the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting or interscholastic event is taking place
    • On the premises of a correctional facility
    • On the premises of a hospital or nursing home (unless licensee has written authorization)
    • In an amusement park
    • On the premises of a church, synagogue, or other place of worship
    • At any meeting of a governmental entity

However if you read a little further down it states that disregard the part on churches and hospitals if they are not 30.06 correctly.

Ie:
    (i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
    (j) Subsections (a) and (b)(1) do not apply to a historical reenactment performed in compliance with the rules of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
    (k) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (b)(1) that the actor was not given effective notice under Section 411.204, Government Code.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    However if you read a little further down it states that disregard the part on churches and hospitals if they are not 30.06 correctly.

Ie:
    (i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
    (j) Subsections (a) and (b)(1) do not apply to a historical reenactment performed in compliance with the rules of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
    (k) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (b)(1) that the actor was not given effective notice under Section 411.204, Government Code.

Why do people still not get this?

gcarrillo004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    what is so hard about asking the pastor, his church...so i think he would have the final say. anyhow, the last 3 churches i have attended all of them host CHL classes! Pretty sure the churches understand the price of free worship!

Top Bottom