• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabbys44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Austin
    Especially if you pin your CHL badge on it.

A T-shirt works fine for me.

What about the CCW sash?

dumbassx.jpg

A tard and his money are soon parted.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    What about the CCW sash?

dumbassx.jpg

A tard and his money are soon parted.

Actually that is pretty good to have and put on right after you have shot someone in "self defense" or stopped a robbery. A lot of plain clothes officers and off duty officers have been shot and killed by friendly fire because they had nothing on to identify them. I definitely wouldn't recommended ANYONE where that "CCW' reflective just out and about.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Concealed carry cracked sash.

+1 Internets to anyone who knows what the hell I'm talking about.

IMHO anyone wearing a vest looks out of place unless they are at a ski lodge and happen to be a large-breasted blonde.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sorry but, I have to say it. CC vests just look ridiculous. And to those of you that would argue criminals are too stupid to have a clue, think again. Some criminals are extremely intelligent and train to spot certain types of people, LEO's, etc. Don't ever assume you are immune. I remember hearing from a federal officer (think he was a US Marshall IIRC?) one time that they had found MS-13 gang members that had trained in a certain slap technique with their hands that would disengage the SLS hood on Safariland 6004 holsters (one of the most common LE retention holsters out there) and allow access to the officer's gun. If you think about the thought process involved in identifying that seemingly small area and finding a way to exploit it, it just goes to show you never to underestimate anyone.

If you absolutely have to have one, Woolrich and EOTach both make great stuff.

crabbys44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Austin
    Actually that is pretty good to have and put on right after you have shot someone in "self defense" or stopped a robbery. A lot of plain clothes officers and off duty officers have been shot and killed by friendly fire because they had nothing on to identify them. I definitely wouldn't recommended ANYONE where that "CCW' reflective just out and about.

The only "friendly fire" I know of were caused by non-compliance by the "subject." Uniformed responding units trump anything you may or may not think you are entitled to. Unless the responding officer knows you, you are just a MWAG at a shots fired incident. At a minimum you should expect to be disarmed, more likely is you will be proned out, disarmed, searched, and detained until he is satisfied you are a "good guy." I don't know how many hot calls you've rolled on, but the responding officer is concerned with his safety and securing the scene before considering your feelings.

Even in force on force drills (that I considered low stress) I've had guns pointed at me with fingers on the trigger when I'm known to the shooter and I'm in uniform. The result? They got shot because I wasn't going to get shot by "friendly fire." They never believe that they pointed a gun at me with their finger on the trigger until the video comes out.

Non-threatening and compliant to the responding officers are going to serve you much better than a CCW badge or sash.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Unless you plan to carry $10,000 worth of cameras you might as well open carry. The only thing that screams "I am carrying a gun" more than a vest is a fanny pack.

Top Bottom