Join TexasGunTalk

Concealment

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by torchoftruth, Nov 21, 2019.

1. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No need to apologize, Cam. I knew how you meant it but, this being the internet and all, I'm sure someone didn't get the joke. We're all good.

Dad_Roman and ZX9RCAM like this.
  2. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    :green:

Dad_Roman likes this.
  3. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My only thought would be that he was thin skinned, maybe.

DoubleDuty, TreyG-20 and Dad_Roman like this.
  4. Army 1911

Army 1911 TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    He probably thought everybody should agree with his opinions but as y'all know it's my opinion that's right.

Wildcat Diva likes this.
  5. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Probably had something to do with being called a cheapskate and asking was that all his life was worth was $100. Just a normal response for here but I don't think he was ready for it.

6. sidebite252

sidebite252 Well-Known

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I miss all the fun.......

Southpaw likes this.
  7. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

I won't bash anyone for buying a Taurus, but every single Taurus/Rossi product I have ever owned (both "vintage" and brand new) has had some kind of issue.

My mid 80s M66 hasn't been shot in years due to a VERY bad timing issue that still has not been fixed despite sending the revolver back to the factory. If I ever get around to sending it back again and they actually fix it, I'll probably just sell it.

My PT92AF that I bought new came with a horribly oversized barrel and had to be sent back. The new barrel is much better, but absolutely will not shoot exposed lead without the worst leading I have ever seen in any gun. I coat my lead bullets in powder coat for that gun. I do like it enough to keep it for some reason. The factory mags are shit though.

My Rossi 92 in 44 mag came with a bad extractor that would constantly fail to remove brass from the chamber. I ended up replacing that part myself. It is reliable with 44 mag, not so much with 44 special. The sights aren't great. They also drilled the holes for the tang sight too far apart, so I cannot add one. The fit on some things like the stock's fit to the crescent shaped butt plate is not great. It's an otherwise gorgeous rifle. I have a feeling that the day I buy a Marlin or a Uberti is the day I decide to sell the Rossi.

Like I said, I won't bash anyone for buying Taurus/Rossi guns, but I've reached a point where I'd rather pay a little more for something else. I really wanted to like Taurus in the beginning, but they made sure that didn't happen.

zackmars likes this.
  8. LTEC077

LTEC077 New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Cibolo
    I'm partial to the Sig 365 for concealment... can't beat those 15 round magazines

9. BoomBoomcookie

BoomBoomcookie New Member

Even the name manufacturers have bad guns occasionally.

Had to send a BRAND NEW Sig P938 back to the factory for an incredibly serious issue with the safety malfunctioning. It could be fired with the safety on! Also, horrible trigger, was so "grainy"....just a bad weapon. Got it back, sold it immediately on GunBroker.

Also have a bad safety on a Taurus 1911...which is a common issue. But have another dozen Taurus that are awesome & fun plinkers.

My p32 Kel-Tec for a decade now has been 100% reliable with at least a thousand rounds through it. Goes bang every time. Picked it up for $120 new. (that Beretta Cheetah is calling me though)

Wonder if y'all have heard the tale of woe about this canted S&W revolver & their poor customer service?