• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That was way cool! In the 80's I was a painter, and was working at TSTI campus painting some buildings during the Texas Air Expo which was held in Waco. We had climbed on top of the building we were painting to watch the Concorde. It flew around and then left. It would take a plane full of people, fly to the coast, break the sound barrier out over the Gulf then fly back.

After the Concorde flew out of sight we turned to go back down and do some work. About the time we turned around the Thunderbirds were less than a mile out and flew right over us. With us up on that 4 story building, they had to be about 500 ft above us. They hit the throttle just as we turned around and it was one of the loudest things I've ever heard. All of them at once. They flew past us to the runway and then split up into their show. One of the coolest moments of my life that day. I became a huge fan of the airplane that day, and often watch fighter jet videos to this day.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I'm not a flyer but enjoy going to RC shows, https://www.bomberfieldusa.com/ just had a jet show last weekend. Missed it because I looked at their schedule today. They have a big show in the fall, flyers from all over attend. There is another field at George Bush Park, Bayou City Flyers.

Top Bottom