Hurley's Gold

Congressional Budget Office says get ready for austerity (in so many words)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Y'all here about the ship that sank. One of the White Star ships that was supposed to be unsinkable. Hit an iceberg or something.

Seriously, I have up hope on receiving any SS benefits a long time ago. Our taxes will still go up to subsidize the lazy, but SS is fucked and has been for a very long time. Partly because money is used for other things when was supposed to be untouchable, and partly because we have 18 year olds going on social security disability because there is a lawyer who will fight to make sure you qualify no matter how trivial your "disability" is.

Nothing will change, maybe more "raising taxes on the rich"(middle class) but it won't fix SS, debt will continue to spiral out of control, the deficit will stay ridiculously high, and the gov will continue to give handouts in exchange for votes while ignoring the toll it takes on the country. And there will be a breeze and the house of cards will collapse.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    Y'all here about the ship that sank. One of the White Star ships that was supposed to be unsinkable. Hit an iceberg or something.

Seriously, I have up hope on receiving any SS benefits a long time ago. Our taxes will still go up to subsidize the lazy, but SS is $#@!ed and has been for a very long time. Partly because money is used for other things when was supposed to be untouchable, and partly because we have 18 year olds going on social security disability because there is a lawyer who will fight to make sure you qualify no matter how trivial your "disability" is.

Nothing will change, maybe more "raising taxes on the rich"(middle class) but it won't fix SS, debt will continue to spiral out of control, the deficit will stay ridiculously high, and the gov will continue to give handouts in exchange for votes while ignoring the toll it takes on the country. And there will be a breeze and the house of cards will collapse.

+1

We can't expect these useless cowards in the government to actually fix these problems. They don't have the balls to raise taxes or cut spending in any meaningful way.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    As an "old timer" on SS my spouse and I have over 85 years combined work life never received a dollar of any government benefits during those years however now receiving SS benefits I see relatives and others in there 30/40's years of age receiving more government aid in various kinds then we receive in SS, question is should we care or be concerned my answer is yes not only for myself but the country in general cannot afford the impact of so many receiving government handouts. IMO we're building a rich/poor society at a fast rate, simply it must stop. Politicians in DC are quick to cut SS and military but always appear reluctant to go after welfare at large.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I paid into SS for over a half century. I am not lazy. I worked 84 hours/week on my last job and paid a boatload into SS and Federal tax. I earned every dime of my tiny little monthly SS benefit and anyone who says otherwise can go F themselves.

Flash

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Despite hitting the max every year (why is there a maximum yearly contribution?), I expect I will get little or nothing. It will follow the lines of all other redistributions the Great One seeks.... I owe it to those less fortunate than me.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    It isn't about being lazy. Too much was taken out, the Baby boomer generation didn't have enough kids (or simply aborted them), not enough money paid into the pot. Take your pick.

Either way, you old farts are gonna bankrupt SS and Medicare.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    It isn't about being lazy. Too much was taken out, the Baby boomer generation didn't have enough kids (or simply aborted them), not enough money paid into the pot. Take your pick.

Either way, you old farts are gonna bankrupt SS and Medicare.

That is only somewhat true. The federal gov't spent the money and it has only earned around 2% on interest when there was a fund. Now it is to many taking from with to few paying in, and yes immigration both legal and illegal plays a role in this.

The federal gov't will never look at solving the problem based on principal. It will look at what is the easiest thing to do.
    The tax paying voter will never win out over the welfare voter it seems.

It is what I call theft by legislation.

Top Bottom