Capitol Armory ad

Convicted murderer escapes transport bus in Centerville - UPDATE: KILLED 6/2/2022

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    One guard is back at work, the other is on
    'Approved time off'.
    Someone had to help or know of his escape.
    Hurley's Gold

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Think about being a prison guard.

The cartel finds out where you live and threatens your family
    You now do what they say

Simple as that.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Things like this happen whether you choose to believe it or not
    Saying the word bullshit does not make it untrue
    Do you have any idea how many threats are made against staff and families? I've probably had a dozen at least.

Staff are targeted and manipulated yes, weak people. Seen it dozens of times. For what you describe would take dozens of moving parts all falling in line. Prisons just dont operate in such a predictable way. Not in the US and not in decades. Such weaknesses were exploited long ago and corrected.

Weak links exploited and manipulated yes. Organized cartel threats resulting in specific inmate moved at specific times by specific staff would require more than one person being threatened.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Yeah - I can see the occasional guard getting individually compromised but cops & prison guards get death threats all the damn time and few ever give in. Its not impossible for them to find out where you live & where your family works / goes to school but we're not talking El Chapo here - we're talking low level mules, thugs and general shitbirds usually. Its just as easy - maybe easier - for the cartel to arrange for the prisoner to wind up dead, so they can't compromise the network, or for them to just bribe some judge or bureaucrat to reduce the sentence or arrange a release. Why go thru a big mess to arrange a prison break, and then have the ensuing manhunt and risk additional people getting killed or arrested? Doesn't make sense for the cartel.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Do you have any idea how many threats are made against staff and families? I've probably had a dozen at least.

Staff are targeted and manipulated yes, weak people. Seen it dozens of times. For what you describe would take dozens of moving parts all falling in line. Prisons just dont operate in such a predictable way. Not in the US and not in decades. Such weaknesses were exploited long ago and corrected.

Weak links exploited and manipulated yes. Organized cartel threats resulting in specific inmate moved at specific times by specific staff would require more than one person being threatened.
    I NEVER said that the cartel had him moved.
    I just said the cartel can find out about a guard and blackmail or threaten him or her.

Easy example ...Inmates read lips
    Two guards talking off to the side about their daughters birthday party or whatever can be information used against them to get them to look the other way or otherwise help them

Thats all I said

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

When I was a caseworker at TYC, I had an inmate ask me to smuggle stuff in for him. I told him "no". He told me that, if I didn't, his friends would come "visit" me....

At that time, I was involved in USPSA competition, and the match director had just emailed me scores and pics of my last match. I pulled up a pic of my best target on my computer. Then I told the inmate, "That would be a mean thing to do to your friends."

He never asked me for anything again.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've met actual gang members outside prison who threatend me inside. They were nice kind and one introduce me to his family. I reciprocated and said nice things about him to his family.

I dont trust any of them but the situation has great influence on the interaction.

Top Bottom