• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Is this one that Costco sells? Pop bought the Costco one, and he loves it. Meat turns out so good too! Last time I looked they were over $900. He offered to buy me one, but I don’t think I could afford the meat to cook in it. Maybe I should just buy the smoker myself and let him supply my briskets.
    My wife purchased mine from Ace since they would deliver and put it together. I think everyone can copy the Green Egg and the Komado Joe pretty well now so brand name is almost meaningless.

My red meat buying has dried up a bit because of cost, but since you brought up a smoker, I purchased one of those last year and have been smoking chicken in it almost weekly. Not that it’s an off the grid cooker, but it is a purchase you should look into since it’s pretty much plug in, add wood chips, set the time and temp, and relax for a few hours. Mine is a Masterbuilt from Academy and it cost around $200. Well worth it.
    Military Camp

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    My wife purchased mine from Ace since they would deliver and put it together. I think everyone can copy the Green Egg and the Komado Joe pretty well now so brand name is almost meaningless.

My red meat buying has dried up a bit because of cost, but since you brought up a smoker, I purchased one of those last year and have been smoking chicken in it almost weekly. Not that it’s an off the grid cooker, but it is a purchase you should look into since it’s pretty much plug in, add wood chips, set the time and temp, and relax for a few hours. Mine is a Masterbuilt from Academy and it cost around $200. Well worth it.
    Big fan of the Masterbuilt if I’m doing a day smoke with chicken or sausage. You’re right- not an off the grid option for sure. Smokes a dang good chicken though. Pork tenderloin too

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have been wanting one of these:

Yes it’s a signal mirror but it could make up for lack of a fuel source.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finding and preserving food will be a tougher issue.
    Image result for book of eil cannaables

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    That’s why I bought a crap ton load out of the just add water stuff. Calories, carbs, veggie and animal protein. Recently cases and cases of…wait for it…Turkey SPAM. Two more grams of protein per serving than the original garbage…err…stuff. If the world doesn’t have its shit together after about a year and a half, we’re going to have to get creative.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    That’s why I bought a crap ton load out of the just add water stuff. Calories, carbs, veggie and animal protein. Recently cases and cases of…wait for it…Turkey SPAM. Two more grams of protein per serving than the original garbage…err…stuff. If the world doesn’t have its shit together after about a year and a half, we’re going to have to get creative.
    I’ve never had turkey spam. How does it compare to the original spam? Better or worse? I got some of the low sodium stuff in the emergency stash

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    T
    Forget relying on rabbits, squirrels, and wild hogs. Most of them will be consumed in weeks. A million starving metrodrones will consume them as the tide rolls out from the city.picture,a tide.
    Damn Sam, there is the mental picture, a tide. Over 7 million people in the DFW metromess. A tide going out in every direction, consuming everything in its. path.Same for Houston and San Antonio. Probably not Austin, they will sit in their pink crocs and wait for rescue.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I’ve never had turkey spam. How does it compare to the original spam? Better or worse? I got some of the low sodium stuff in the emergency stash
    I honestly can’t say. I made the purchase simply on the protein content data. Both have a 10 year shelf life. Box says 5. You can stretch that stuff at least another 5. I saw that low sodium offering. Again- stayed with the higher protein. I may even stretch a bit and pick up a few cases of Vienna Sausages. Good Night- what has this all come to?

Top Bottom