• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The law works both ways and good that someone had a camera rolling. Hopefully we won't have a racial fallout over it but we will.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If the situation is what it appears from the video, then that bad apple needs to be put behind bars.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    It looked to me like the bad guy (dead one) slapped something off the LEO's belt and it flew off. Then the bad guy tried to run away (while being shot).

The LEO was in the wrong and a murderer but the dead guy is still a bad guy. People will act like the bad guy is a saint.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    It looked to me like the bad guy (dead one) slapped something off the LEO's belt and it flew off. Then the bad guy tried to run away (while being shot).

The LEO was in the wrong and a murderer but the dead guy is still a bad guy. People will act like the bad guy is a saint.

Zero relevance. It's a white on black killing issue at least this is how it will be portrayed, believed, and played out in the streets.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Zero relevance. It's a white on black killing issue at least this is how it will be portrayed, believed, and played out in the streets.
    I know. I just wanted to comment.

Bringing race into the equation is racist. It could be any color person shooting any other color person and is see it the same way. Jesse Jackson and Al see everything as a racial issue where the people they exploit have been wronged.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    How so i live with the same laws as every body else. Stupid games stupid prizes.
    But shooting a unarmed man in the back? 8 times and then moving evidence.
    And then lie on the radio! ! And then not call for medical attention. Come on man

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup.

Too bad they don't have a law like Rep Villalba is proposing to protect cops from such interference.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites (per 100,000), and the victim rate 6 times higher (per 100,000).

Most murders were intraracial, with 84% of white homicide victims murdered by whites, and 93% of black victims murdered by blacks (Source: Homicide Trends in the United States, 1980-2008)

The "National Youth Gang Survey Analysis" (2011) state that of gang members, 46% are Hispanic/Latino, 35% are African-American/black, 11.5% are white, and 7% are other race/ethnicity (Source).

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in the year 2008 black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery. Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws and drunkenness.

So tell me again all these incidents are always a race issue?

By the way, the male incarceration rate is roughly 15 times the female incarceration rate; so if anything, it is a gender issue!

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Fox news reports it as "white cop shoots unarmed black man"

Getting really tired of that narrative! The cop was absolutely in the wrong and is being treated as such.....yet it's still being made a racial issue.....

sent from wait...where am I!?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That cop deserves the death penalty.

I am not so quick to condemn him, simply because the media has a track record of showing only selected bits of video to meet their goal of sensationalized news.

That said, by all indications this looks like a bad shoot; and I would hope it's been investigated thoroughly before any charges were filed.

However, there could be missing aspects of what's being reported. For instance, had the individual been armed and ran away from the officer, then appeared to be going for his weapon, then the shoot would have been justified.

That said, it doesn't appear to be the case here. Still, it's worth letting the justice system proceed to determine his guilt or innocence. Until such time, all we are going to see is the usual racial hype that blows up every time there is an incident like this...

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    He shot the guy in the back repeatedly while he was running away. He obviously was not going for a weapon. To ME... it looked like he was fleeing for his life.

I am not so quick to condemn him, simply because the media has a track record of showing only selected bits of video to meet their goal of sensationalized news.

That said, by all indications this looks like a bad shoot; and I would hope it's been investigated thoroughly before any charges were filed.

However, there could be missing aspects of what's being reported. For instance, had the individual been armed and ran away from the officer, then appeared to be going for his weapon, then the shoot would have been justified.

That said, it doesn't appear to be the case here. Still, it's worth letting the justice system proceed to determine his guilt or innocence. Until such time, all we are going to see is the usual racial hype that blows up every time there is an incident like this...

Top Bottom