• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I read Orwell's Animal Farm and 1984 when I was around 12 or 13. After reading 1984 I remember thinking that at least the year 1984 was a long way off (over a decade was a long time to my child's mind). Now it's not that I felt Orwell was prophetic, but more in that he was warning what could happen. Those two books stuck with me and probably helped form the way I think today.

The moral is that my thoughts are that I would rather die fighting against tyranny, then live under it. "Living another day" under some conditions is more than my mind could fathom.
    DK Firearms

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Still waiting to hear your plan on how you are going to shoot it out with the cops when they come. Assuming of course, you are home when the come. C'mon tell is how tough you are and how you plan to do it. Are you gonna where a coonskin cap, like Davy Crockett?

If the Alamo defenders had your attitude, there would be no Texas.

If the choice comes down to sacrificing my life for the cause of freedom or giving up my Second Amendment rights (e.g., my guns), then I will choose the former. And I will merely join a long list of Americans who have given up their lives for the cause of freedom.

And you never answered the question, what will you do after you have meekly surrendered all your guns? You think you are so smart you can hide them in places they will not search? That is laughable.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Oh c'mon, this thread is in jest, nobody is taking anyone serious. Anybody seriously thinks these guys are going to shoot it out with cops, they would be banned on Code of Conduct violations. Even admin sees the humor.

I suppose you think the War of Independence resulted in no patriot deaths? No one died in the War between the States? No one gave their life in WW1 or WW2?

Idiocy.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Y'all need to study Texas History a little better. Travis and the Alamo crew volunteered to slow down Santa Anna's march to allow Houston's army to escape and build a bigger and better army. They all knew exactly what they were doing. And because they did Texas became a Republic. Probably need to do it again. If Texas were a Republic again they would have the worlds 10th largest economy. Ahead of Russia even. That may be an internet fact (Russia) but interesting.

That is why I so admire the incredible bravery they exhibited. They knew the odds were overwhelming and that they would not survive. They had time to think about it. Time and opportunity to leave. Yet they fought.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Y'all need to study Texas History a little better. Travis and the Alamo crew volunteered to slow down Santa Anna's march to allow Houston's army to escape and build a bigger and better army. They all knew exactly what they were doing. snip snip
    That theory is dependent on which movie a person trusts most. Sam..told Travis dont do it in the "Gone to Texas" movie..so thats good enough for we'uns. lol. Swear I learned more about Texas History watching that than from all those hours sleeping through Texas History Class back in grammar school.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    That theory is dependent on which movie a person trusts most. Sam..told Travis dont do it in the "Gone to Texas" movie..so thats good enough for we'uns. lol. Swear I learned more about Texas History watching that than from all those hours sleeping through Texas History Class back in grammar school.

That's not from the movies. They are full of BS to sell tickets. They do have a smattering of truth. Study Texas history at the college level and then comment.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    After Beeville & Goliad, those at the Alamo knew what to expect from the Mexicans. The nobility was in their deciding to stay, anyway, in order to give Houston & LaMar time to regroup, receive more recruits, and prepare for the decisive battle at San Jacinto.

Koresh had no idea what was about to happen to him. While not everyone's "hero"; Koresh and followers, including numerous innocent children were immolated by Holder's flame-throwing tanks. Koresh certainly was a VICTIM.

But, Koresh shouldn't ever be equated with the doomed heroes of the Alamo.

leVieux

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You old guys gonna shoot it out with the cops over a bump stock if they come and take it?
    Nope.
    How much support from the rest of America do you think you will get?
    None.

I've outlined in another thread how I'm fighting for my bumpstock. Flying bullets are not a part of the plan.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    That's not from the movies. They are full of BS to sell tickets. They do have a smattering of truth. Study Texas history at the college level and then comment.
    Well hate to break it to the college frat boys with degrees in Texas History and bowling..but my grandma used to go for horsey rides on Sam Houston’s knee cause Sam and her Uncle were best pals. Her Uncle named Alexander “Sandy” Horton, drew up one of the battle plans for San Jacinto. It was called Sandy’s Plan. Not sure they used his plan but he had one.
    https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fho63

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Ah, another that's eligible for the Sons of the Republic of Texas. My GGrandmother was born in the Republic. Texas history I enjoy.
    Me too. If a person keeps on reading about great great Uncle Sandy Horton they will discover he was not a big fan of Abe Lincoln. Apparently the executive order called the Emancipation Proclamation caught him too heavily invested in “Negro Property” and he lost his coola. Poor guy died a pauper. Hey wonder if reparations for slavery would include giving money to his present kinfolks to cover that dirty Yankee trickery?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think many here are taking Renegades posts in the worst light possible.

I don’t believe his thoughts are nearly as accepting of tyranny as many are pointing them to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I suppose you think the War of Independence resulted in no patriot deaths? No one died in the War between the States? No one gave their life in WW1 or WW2?
    Idiocy.

Never said nobody died. But Washington never sent people to die needlessly, neither Did Churchill or Eisenhower. Instead of telling the folks at Dunkirk to fight to the death, a needless waste, they evacuated them so they could fight another day. Washington too disengaged numerous times under unfavorable circumstances. This is basic military strategy dating back tro Sun Tzu.

Top Bottom