APOD Firearms

Couple of shows up on the north side this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Just wanted to let everyone know that those of us north of town have it good this weekend (Jan 14-15)

First, the "High Caliber" gun show will be in Conroe at the Lone Star Convention Center.

Second, the Houston Safari Club is having their yearly show in The Woodlands at the the Waterway Marriott.

Even better news is if you go to HSC's site, Get in the Hunt with Houston Safari Club! you can print out free passes.

I just wish they had free coupons for the bar in the middle of the show, LOL. Gotta love a place where you can enjoy an adult beverage while looking at fine guns, talking to hunting guides while enjoying the rest of the show.

ARJ Defense ad

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    the High Caliber shows are always good. i think it's worth the drive from College Station.

btw, it's not a "Conroe gun show." this show is held by High Caliber, which regularly has shows in Houston, Dallas, etc., the same as how George R. Brown will host a gun show every few weeks, but by different companies.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Never been to the Conroe gun show. Is it worth going to (decent sized)?

It's the same promoter that does a lot of the GRB shows, it will be crowded. The aisles are usually close together to get as many tables as possible in there.

Hit the Safari Club show today. If you have been to one, it will probably be just like the one you went to previously. Number of vendors displayed firearms, had a few black rifles on display also which is unusual, and one table has suppressors. High end guns, doubles, bolt guns, and shotguns are the norm. Don't go there expecting to find a good deal on a used Mossberg. Good selection of art work, almost exclusively African themed, paintings, statues, and native artwork. Cocktails were $7.75 each. (1st pour was weak, but a good tip ensured a better second........) You could book hunts to Africa, New Zealand, Alaska, Canada, Ireland, Sweden, etc. with Africa having the most concessions of the bunch. A couple of ranch service type companies there. Don't take your lady, large furrier out front with some nice (read: expensive) stuff and a number of booths with stuff she would spend your money on. It took me less than an hour to cover it all at a relaxed pace, but I stopped and talked a bit. Best part of the show to me is the taxidermy exhibits. If you are a hunter, you will appreciate the trophies displayed there.

Top Bottom