• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

http://www.guns.com/2016/07/05/court-holds-machine-guns-not-protected-by-2nd-amendment/

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldrepo...ne-guns-not-protected-by-2nd-amendment/163889

A unanimous three-judge panel last week upheld a lower court ruling that guns capable of select-fire or full-auto are “dangerous and unusual” and not protected by the Constitution.

The ruling came from the New Orleans-based U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in a challenge by Texas resident Jay Aubrey Isaac Hollis.

In May 2014, Hollis, through a gun trust, submitted a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Form 5320.1 along with a $200 fee to the ATF to manufacture a select-fire M-16 from semi-auto AR-15 components. Four months later, the ATF approved Hollis’s application but the same week quickly backpedaled and informed him the application was granted in error and revoked their approval.
    The ATF in a letter acknowledged the mistake and advised under the Hughes Amendment of 1986 they could not “approve any private person’s application to make and register a machine gun” and any resulting possession of such a “post-86” machine gun would be a violation of the National Firearms Act.
    Lynx Defense

l8tr597

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Good, jeesus, as a gun owner, I think an AR is nice enough without being full auto. Sure, I'd love to have one, and I could be trusted as well as countless others, but as an American with numerous guns and favorite 1911 models, it's plain to see I can not have one, so "cuckoo" cannot, it sucks, it blows, but I am sick of hearing losers and nut cases killing people at mass shootings, and If we let full auto come back, it would be worse, not only that, with a pre ban they're still out there and able to be bought! By a fairly large price tag of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Good, jeesus, as a gun owner, I think an AR is nice enough without being full auto. Sure, I'd love to have one, and I could be trusted as well as countless others, but as an American with numerous guns and favorite 1911 models, it's plain to see I can not have one, so "cuckoo" cannot, it sucks, it blows, but I am sick of hearing losers and nut cases killing people at mass shootings, and If we let full auto come back, it would be worse, not only that, with a pre ban they're still out there and able to be bought! By a fairly large price tag of course

I have a feeling that you're not serious.

How about this- someone tell me of a mass shooting with a form 1 approved by the ATF firearm?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    but I am sick of hearing losers and nut cases killing people at mass shootings, and If we let full auto come back, it would be worse
    Can you name just 1 shooting/massacre in recent times where a full auto weapon that was legally purchased was used to commit the crime? I can tell you Iam sick and damned tired of so-called conservative, gun owning folks running around spouting off the garbage you just did!!!!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    You'll never hear that nonsense out of my mouth, that's for sure. I can be trusted with things far more potentially lethal than a full auto firearm, but because people aren't generally bed wetters about those things it's perfectly ok for me to own them. Heck we've had "mass" killings and maimings from people driving their cars into crowds of people, but I didn't need a background check and a six month BATFE approval period to buy my new Camaro.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Most machine guns cost a ridiculous amount of money and are only in the possession of the rich and powerful. They own them as an investment, not for fun (for the most part).

The rich and powerful don't want to see their investments become worthless compared to what they paid for them because they suddenly become legal for everyone. Judges start out as elected officials, just like politicians. After you find a roomful of honest politicians who are not beholden to their donors or lobbyists, then you can start looking for a roomful of judges who are the same.

Until then, don't expect to see any big changes in the full auto market in my glass half empty opinion.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Most machine guns cost a ridiculous amount of money and are only in the possession of the rich and powerful. They own them as an investment, not for fun (for the most part).

The rich and powerful don't want to see their investments become worthless compared to what they paid for them because they suddenly become legal for everyone. Judges start out as elected officials, just like politicians. After you find a roomful of honest politicians who are not beholden to their donors or lobbyists, then you can start looking for a roomful of judges who are the same.

Until then, don't expect to see any big changes in the full auto market in my glass half empty opinion.

Yeah.
    Just like he said.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Liberals say the same of how they love there hunting rifles but those dangerous AR-15 assault rifles are just too much.

Your attempt to discredit someone who was approved by the ATF as a "cuckoo" is also similar to how liberals attack gun owners who defend semi auto rifles and pistols.

Maybe instead of arguing "I can't have it, so you shouldn't either" you should look at the bigger picture and realize that battles over the NFA and GCA have an indirect effect whose ripples spread to all areas of gun ownership, even your beloved 1911s. What you see as normal, many are saying is way to dangerous for public use. In to the 80s full auto could be purchased and the world wasn't ending, they were still in the minority when it came to firearms deaths, and in all honesty if a terrorist used a select fire weapon for a rampage he would probably hit less people.

In short, I disagree with the entirety of your statement and suspect you may simply be trolling the site based on the veracity of it and claimed that the man is a "cuckoo".

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good, jeesus, as a gun owner, I think an AR is nice enough without being full auto. Sure, I'd love to have one, and I could be trusted as well as countless others, but as an American with numerous guns and favorite 1911 models, it's plain to see I can not have one, so "cuckoo" cannot, it sucks, it blows, but I am sick of hearing losers, and nut cases killing people at mass shootings, and If we let full auto come back, it would be worse, not only that, with a pre ban they're still out there and able to be bought! By a fairly large price tag of course

Name one single instance of a legally owned machine gun being used in a violent crime since 1934 by a civilian. I bet you can't.

Your "I can not have one, so "cuckoo" cannot" philosophy is not indicative of a pro gun freedom loving American. It is the exact argument the Liberals used to try and take all of our guns. Legal machine guns are almost never used in crimes, and we do in fact have a right to own them regardless of what you or some liberal court says. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is not a hard thing to understand. Why you don't, I don't know.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    They need to read the federalist papers... The intent of the 2A was to make sure citizens had access to the same small arms that the military does. The '86 ban is an out right infringement of that, and the GCA '68 and NFA are undue burdens on a right.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    They need to read the federalist papers... The intent of the 2A was to make sure citizens had access to the same small arms that the military does. The '86 ban is an out right infringement of that, and the GCA '68 and NFA are undue burdens on a right.
    Exactly right!

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Liberals say the same of how they love there hunting rifles but those dangerous AR-15 assault rifles are just too much.

Your attempt to discredit someone who was approved by the ATF as a "cuckoo" is also similar to how liberals attack gun owners who defend semi auto rifles and pistols.

Maybe instead of arguing "I can't have it, so you shouldn't either" you should look at the bigger picture and realize that battles over the NFA and GCA have an indirect effect whose ripples spread to all areas of gun ownership, even your beloved 1911s. What you see as normal, many are saying is way to dangerous for public use. In to the 80s full auto could be purchased and the world wasn't ending, they were still in the minority when it came to firearms deaths, and in all honesty if a terrorist used a select fire weapon for a rampage he would probably hit less people.

In short, I disagree with the entirety of your statement and suspect you may simply be trolling the site based on the veracity of it and claimed that the man is a "cuckoo".

/exactly so\

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Machine guns are used in almost every TV show that contains gun violence. I am just saying that movie and TV gunplay is nothing like what actually happens.
    Unfortunately the uninformed public often cannot distinguish fiction from reality.

Top Bottom